BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Financial > Jobs/Business/Investing

Jobs/Business/Investing Anything about earning money, investing, or other financial issue.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:22 PM

Default Selling eggs/home business in Oregon, help?

So I thought about this earlier this year and got off to a bad start. I planned, in July, when I got laid off, on keeping track of how many eggs I sell (anywhere from 8 to 10 doz a week), how much I spend on feed, how many hens, etc. and putting it on Taxes as a home business. Even though I can tell you pretty much exactly how many eggs sold and how much for feed (One 50 lb bag of layer every week and a half and a 50 lb bag of scratch every two weeks), I didn't keep receipts, so it's probably too late to do it for this years taxes.

However, I want to start on next years the right way. Is anybody familiar with what info I need to keep records on, what can be written off, etc in Oregon for a business like egg sales? I sell to private invidividuals only. No bulk sales.

Thanks!
"Riding is like life, it can be painful and difficult. The question is, what will we do with the pain? Will we give in to it or learn from it? Adversity to me, is lifes greatest teacher." -ty murray, bull rider

Blog: http://hopejoyandfaithfarm.blogspot.com/
Old 12-06-2010, 08:35 PM
Master Pontificator

have not a clue about your state taxes, but if you buy all your feed at one store they may track your purchases and be able to provide you an itemized record. In Missouri --MFA's track member purchases.