BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Hellos & Happy Birthdays

Hellos & Happy Birthdays New members, please use this board to introduce yourselves. Been gone awhile? Let your friends here know you're back! Is it somone's birthday? Wish 'em a happy one!

Old 08-08-2011, 02:04 PM

Default My very first post--from Maine

Good day to you all. I have only recently started to 'put things by' and have been VERY busy doing it. So many hints from you all, its fantastic.
I live in Southwestern Maine, a part called the "foothills" as we are in the shadow of the White Mountains. Married, Mom of 9 all grown...(2 sets of twins) 26 grands which include 2 ssets of twins, too), and 6 Greats, with 3 more on the way!
My pantry is well stocked...Looking forward to getting a lot more ideas from you all...At 67, I am a retired nurse and Corpsman. Had a busy first half of my life......Now, to enjoy the second half!! Blessings to you all!
Old 08-08-2011, 04:22 PM

Hi MomofPlenty - Welcome Aboard.

You will love it here - lots of friendly people always ready to lend a hand, offer advice and share great strories. I have been here a while but I don't post a lot as I am still learning too. I can find the answers to most of my questions so I feel really lucky there.

I hope you enjoy your time here - I'm sure we will meet again in the chat room or somewhere in the forum.

Boatchick
Old 08-08-2011, 05:02 PM
Passed On

Location: I live in North Carolina.. but my heart belongs to Texas

Hey MomofPlenty

My what an industrious soul you are! I hope this next portion of your life is blessed and happy. There are folks here from so many locations an walks of life.. each with a valuable life experience. Folks here will be happy to help with whatever you ask and I look forward to reading your words as well.

I hope to see you An Boatchick in the chatroom.. is fun an informative in there, too!

Be Strong
~Grizzy~
What is life? It is the flash of a firefly in the night. It is the breath of a buffalo in the wintertime. It is the little shadow which runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset. - Blackfoot
Old 08-08-2011, 07:37 PM

welcome! just joined myself! I live to the northeast of you in New Brunswick
Old 08-08-2011, 08:48 PM

welcome I also look forward to seeing ya'll in chat late night is best. I also look forward to hearing about your experiences with your new lifestyle. and you are so blessed with the large family.
Old 08-08-2011, 10:17 PM

maritimemama-My 5th child, a son, went to NBBI, so I am very familiar with that portion of N.B.

rwwoodcock-I hope to hit the chats some evening.....I went to school with a few woodcock gals.....back in the 50's and 60's.

Grizzy-Thanks for the lovely welcome. There are so many times that I end up reading things from BWH.....and, sometimes, I cannot find the answers. This is where I will come, from now on.
Isn't Jackie something!!! I am amazed at that woman!

boatchick18-I do hope to meet you in the chats...I have so much to learn!!
Old 08-08-2011, 10:24 PM

momofplenty my pastor went to NBBI, i went to Atlantic Baptist University in Moncton (now Crandall university)
Old 08-08-2011, 10:28 PM

It definitely is a SMALL world! My son graduated, oh dear, let's see.....around '88.

got a question. How do I post my addy and my birthday, etc. up in the right hand corner?
Old 08-09-2011, 03:47 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Welcome to the forum! My wife and I are in Maine, also. We have a home in Millinocket and a hundred of acres of land in far northern Maine, outside of St. Agatha, where we'll be building a place. The White Mountains are beautiful. That was on our short list of places to live when we were looking for something. It lost out to a $14,500 three-story house in Millinocket. I was a paramedic for more than twenty years, but let it lapse when I moved to Maine.
Old 08-09-2011, 08:32 AM

mom of plenty i think it comes up automatically when you do the settings on your member cp, check it out and make the changes.
Old 08-14-2011, 04:50 PM

Welcome from Nor Cal.