BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 10-24-2011, 02:09 PM

Default Need part for old China Diesel Genset

Hello everyone. This is my first post and I thought maybe someone can help me find a source for the older china diesel generators. I bought this genset in about 1990 from the dealer in Jamul CA. It is the upright 2 cyl, 1800 rpm engine, mated to a generator made in England. 12kw.

I used this generator for 20 years with no problems and recently sold it to a friend. It was just too big and heavy for my current needs. So what happens..the water pump went out. I feel responsible and am trying to find a parts source. The place I called in San Diego Co. sent me a pump for a newer model. This is the old one like seen in the book "More Power to You".
I will greatly appreciate any help, and I am glad to be here.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

What kind of motor is it. It may be a Mitsibushi if that is the case see if you can find a model number stamped on it.
Old 10-24-2011, 03:06 PM

I can't read most of the Chinese writing on it. It's not a Mitsubichi. From what I read a long time ago in that book, it was originally an American designed boat engine from a long time ago. The Chinese replaced ball bearings etc and updated the engine and started producing it. Another problem I also have right now is I cant go look at it. It is some distance away. Thanks for the reply.
Old 10-24-2011, 07:51 PM

Did you try this place.

Even if your engine is not listed here, most of the China Diesel® engines sold from 1977-1999 have many parts in common
Open 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Pacific Time. Call 800-404-1399 for more information
15749 Lyons Valley Rd.
Jamul CA 91935
Toll Free: (800) 404 1399
Old 10-24-2011, 08:11 PM

Thanks Bones. I talked to a very nice lady there. She told me they sold a model 295 with a Shang Hai 25hp diesel in those years and there are parts available for it. I called the buyer and he will check the plate on the engine and let me know. The picture on their website of the model 295 looks exactly like my old generator. I'm already almost sorry I sold it. It never failed me.
Old 10-24-2011, 08:16 PM

Also depending on wHat is wrong with it you may be able to rebuild it yourself. Many bearings Are available industrial type supply stores. Same goes for seals and bearing