BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Forum Rules, Help, Announcements, & Testing > Forum Help

Forum Help If you are having difficulty with a Forum feature and cannot resolve it by reading the related FAQ, you can post your question here. Include details!

Old 07-15-2012, 03:16 AM

Are we now suppose to be "politically correct" when we post or sometimes when we are blunt and state the obvious and step on some people's toes? That is what has happened to many of our pulpits today as well. Too many preachers are not telling the congregations the truth straight from the bible, it gets watered down with 1% bible and 99% feel good. Why do you think our society is in the mess that it is in today? Sometimes people need an adult to stand up to them and say it like it is.

I know that in a post where I asked a question and gave some background. One poster restated what I had said in a question format that at first I was taken aback. I reread the post and thought on the way that he asked the question back at me and decided that what I wanted to do wasn't wise at the time and I was being childish and wanting what I wanted right then instead of waiting until the time was right. Thank you to those of you who don't sugar coat all of your words.

Society today could use a good of dose of medicine without the sugar!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-15-2012, 12:34 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

A privately owned company owns this site/forum.

They own the right to make the rules.
We have been there done this.

This is a minor conflict--nothing compared to the horrible melt down
of a few years ago.

There're many business that place ads here--They can pull their ads
from an abusive--foul site IF they so choose.
Those ads keep this forum running--these forums things cost money.

It has nothing todo with being PC--it has todo with civil decorum.

If you havent dealt with Oliver--a clue here--you dont want to either.

How about we get past this minor incident?

Its a beautiful day--
Lets enjoy our visits here.
And how about some give and take--?

All the flamers and trolls got kicked off---I even got my hand
spanked for being so angery--I got over it.

Hugs and gentle-breezes and shade trees.

annie
Old 07-15-2012, 03:38 PM

Actually, I enjoy the differences of opinion (although I may not agree all the time). But, I really enjoy it when the opinions are given and attacks are given on both sides of an opinion. Just not when the attacks are given against the person instead of their idea. I don't know people on here personally so the only thing I have to comment on is the idea posted. I wouldn't presume to take that opinion and declare they are a certain typ0e of person.

If you consider this to be PC, sorry, tough I consider it to be courtesy. But, I don't understand how you can discuss an idea if you spend your time attacking the other person rather than their idea which you do not agree with.
Old 07-15-2012, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubbieLady View Post
I don't know people on here personally so the only thing I have to comment on is the idea posted.
You make a good point that shouldn't be lost amidst the other good points you've made. For the most part, I presume we don't know one another personally, so I've always wondered about claims of personal attacks. I don't know enough about anyone here to make a personal attack, even if I were so inclined. I know people here only by the words they have said here. Nevertheless, when someone attacks an issue, they are often accused of making a personal attack.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:05 AM
Banned

Well... my name has been thrown around here by the Original Poster, so I guess I should probably respond? After all, according to him... I'm the one who made him lose his temper... (what I consider to be a personal problem on his part... an "anger issue").

Here is what happened... I found a post where a recent immigrant decided that he did not agree with The Constitution's Second Amendment. He considered most Americans to be "wrong" and "stupid" and "morons" etc etc... for us wanting to maintain our 2nd Amendment. He was rude and offensive. He was overly offensive in his multiple insults to Americans who believe in the 2nd amendment.

If you will look above to post #3...even here, where he is voicing his complaints, he cant contain his anger, and he calls us names again... "A Bunch of Drunk Good Ol Boys" !!!!!????? So... if we dont agree with him that the 2nd Amendment is a Bad thing... then we are a bunch of "drunk good ol boys"????

So... I called him... "a cow riding, BB-Gun Shooting, Goober".

I thought that I was being "funny". But I guess... I hurt his feelings??

And now...??? I find this post here where he is calling upon the Moderators to Execute Me!!??...because I hurt his feelings??

Let me get this straight...??? First he complains about our Second Amendment. And now... he is complaining about our First Amendment???

I think he needs to take "The Citizenship Test" over again? I really dont think that he understands America yet??

Ironclad

ps... I pray that the Moderators will take into account how careful I try to be here on this blog thing... I really do go out of my way to guard my words. I really do. If I have offended this OP... then I will applogize to you, the Moderators. But I refuse to appologise to him, or to anyone... who insults The American People... who insults Our Constitution. And that's a fact !!

Last edited by Ironclad; 07-16-2012 at 04:53 AM. Reason: worrying if "goober" is really that bad of a word ??
Old 07-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Banned

For Heaven's Sake,

I know that I am capable, to stand up, when a fight is called for.

But... fussing and fighting, is really not my nature.

Not... my favorite nature, anyway.

My old friend, Chief Joseph of The Nez Perce, he told me...
"I will fight no more, forever."

And I told him... "Good On You"

Ironclad

Last edited by Ironclad; 07-17-2012 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfander View Post
You make a good point that shouldn't be lost amidst the other good points you've made. For the most part, I presume we don't know one another personally, so I've always wondered about claims of personal attacks. I don't know enough about anyone here to make a personal attack, even if I were so inclined. I know people here only by the words they have said here. Nevertheless, when someone attacks an issue, they are often accused of making a personal attack.
I differentiate this way. If you make your statement and your reasoning, you are expressing your opinion which may or may not agree with mine. If you make your statement that I am wrong because I am an idiot or some other personal statement, then to me that is a personal attack because you are attacking what you think I am rather than what you think about my idea or position.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:00 PM

Quote:
I differentiate this way. If you make your statement and your reasoning, you are expressing your opinion which may or may not agree with mine. If you make your statement that I am wrong because I am an idiot or some other personal statement, then to me that is a personal attack because you are attacking what you think I am rather than what you think about my idea or position.
I suppose we're not in total agreement then. The facts are that some people are idiots. When they prove it by making idiotic statements, I don't see any offense in honesty, although I generally prefer to comment on their idiocy in words that are lost on the idiot, but plain to everyone else. Sometimes, I don't have that in me, however.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:18 PM

Who defines the idiot?
Old 07-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Who defines the idiot?
Well, me of course.
Old 07-19-2012, 03:25 PM

Default wow!

I am fairly new to this, and very new to posting. I just read everything written about more moderation.
I do not want to be told who to listen to, what to read or how to say things.
If you don't like a particular person - ignore them. If you are unhappy with a forum - leave it. Otherwise suck it up and realize that everyone has an opinion. Good, bad, right wrong - everyone has one and it does not have to agree with yours.