BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Forum > Forum Rules, Help, Announcements, & Testing > Forum Help

Forum Help If you are having difficulty with a Forum feature and cannot resolve it by reading the related FAQ, you can post your question here. Include details!

Old 07-25-2012, 02:13 PM

"I swear, a woman's breast is the hardest rock that the Almighty ever made on this earth, and I can find no sign on it."

"These here is God's finest scupturings! And there ain't no laws for the brave ones! And there ain't no asylums for the crazy ones! And there ain't no churches, except for this right here! And there ain't no priests excepting the birds. By God, I are a mountain man, and I'll live 'til an arrow or a bullet finds me. And then I'll leave my bones on this great map of the magnificent . . ."
Old 07-25-2012, 04:16 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

there are folks from many walks of life and each has the right to express Thier opinion if I don't agree I also have the right to voice my opinion. I agree that some threads get out of hand I have had part in many of them. I use this board for entertainment more then I use for usable info. Way to Rambos on here that wouldn't survive IMO any disaster.
Old 06-12-2014, 04:47 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
out of control Fussing and Fighting going on here on this blogsite thing. It is just getting too nasty.
My sister works for a publishing company,....business is so bad that they may have to close down. I heard from other companies it is the same. This forum is sponsored by the magazines and books it produces. Anyone here can post an opinion....but anyone can jump your post and call you a liar, and other things. Question is do I have to get just a ugly and nasty to what is being allowed??? Sure I can,... but.... I have talked to a few people ... who have walked from this forum because of this behavior and that is just the ones who speak their mind. This is just my opinion but if you want to show respectful magazines that support other people,.... this kind of action needs to be deleted. Joking is fun....so is good educated debate and ....Yes, it is good to have conversation and opposite opinions....everyone speaks in respect. But when it gets ugly attacks it is not in the interest of anyone....unless you enjoy an good ugly fight. I have been called a liar,... long enough by the people on this forum to know I am not in good company, and this is not a place I want to share. I believe in the long run this disrespectful behavior only hurts everyone, especially the magazine the books... I believe today....people are looking for honorable people and places. Anne,... I came here because I wanted to share... I did not know I would be slammed against the wall and called a liar,... until they are blue in the face. Sure there is a ignore button....but there are tons of people out there reading this, new comers will not post on a board where their words are fully attacked. I am gone with the rest of them for all the same reason....sure it is no lost. But I do not support anyone nor anything that has ill will toward other people. Good bye.
Old 06-12-2014, 07:31 PM

WADR.
You need to learned to understand that someone can say you are " misinformed" but it is not. calling you a liar.

Further correcting you is not attacking you .

Last edited by MissouriFree; 06-12-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 08:13 PM

Quote:
I have been called a liar,..
Show us where anyone here has ever said you are a liar

Quote:
I did not know I would be slammed against the wall and called a liar,
You weren't, just as you weren't "attacked" either
Old 06-12-2014, 08:33 PM

I haven't called anyone a lie
Don't know who said (I) did.
They are wrong.
Dont remember ever calling anyone a lie.

Surprise what i did and i haven't been on more than a few minutes for days.
Hummmm?

Lord this is an old thread.
Begs one to wonder?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:39 PM

A 2 year old thread drug up for this?
Old 06-12-2014, 08:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
A 2 year old thread drug up for this?
LOL
I noticed that too
Old 06-12-2014, 08:55 PM

Makes one wonder if warrior w has here been before .

Last edited by MissouriFree; 06-12-2014 at 10:50 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 09:26 PM

Lol, while I wonder at some of the thoughfs people post and at times shake my head in dismay, this forum is not too bad.
Zombie threads good for starting something and gaining allies.
No one called WW a liar. When one finds an old thread about 'gasbags' and one feels victimized, one may pick up toys and go home confident they have been hurt, offended and above the fray.
Me I'll play in the mu, I like getting dirty.
Old 06-12-2014, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriFree View Post
Makes one wonder if warrior w has here been before .
I thought I knew the ((voice)).
Glad I am not the only one. :

Its an OLD voice.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Super Moderator

That bottom section isn't for the thin skinned..
*Robert Frost*
Old 06-13-2014, 12:58 AM

WW, there is no nice way to say this, but will you please get a grip? You come in here all stream of consciousness and then get offended when no one understands you. You seem to feel that these forums should be run according to your rules even though you have only been here a month.

If you are interested in the things that can be learned here, listen for a while. You don't need to argue with those that you don't like or respect, they won't change no matter what you say. Pay attention to the opinions you enjoy and don't worry about the rest.
Old 06-13-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyyarn View Post
. You don't need to argue with those that you don't like or respect, they won't change no matter what you say. Pay attention to the opinions you enjoy and don't worry about the rest.
... or pay attention to all, try to understand the viewpoint of the person that you disagree with, and analyze what you have in common and what you don't. Learn from their perspective, then form your own opinion - after trying to understand what the points are from those that you disagree with.

I'm just kind of ribbing you a bit Ruby .. .. because it seems like you voice your opinion in a most civil manner, even when you disagree.

This forum has a lot to offer, but as 12vman mentioned, y'have to have thick skin when heading down to The Basement.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachad View Post
... or pay attention to all, try to understand the viewpoint of the person that you disagree with, and analyze what you have in common and what you don't. Learn from their perspective, then form your own opinion - after trying to understand what the points are from those that you disagree with.

I'm just kind of ribbing you a bit Ruby .. .. because it seems like you voice your opinion in a most civil manner, even when you disagree.

This forum has a lot to offer, but as 12vman mentioned, y'have to have thick skin when heading down to The Basement.
Ribs are good, especially smoked over a slow fire and served with a hot chile sauce

I have learned from sad experience that it is not a good idea to go into a new forum and start firing off your mouth. Shoe leather doesn't taste that good.

We all have something in common here, namely Backwoods Home. We probably don't aspire to live in an east coast high rise and study the society page. In that way we are more alike than different.

Politically we might have some differing viewpoints, but we all want to think for ourselves without having some 'enforcer' running around dictating the manner of our speech. I love these forums just because of the absence of thought police.
Old 06-13-2014, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubyyarn View Post
Politically we might have some differing viewpoints, but we all want to think for ourselves without having some 'enforcer' running around dictating the manner of our speech. I love these forums just because of the absence of thought police.
Well said.

One attribute of digital forums is the human tendency to personalize comments. Let's say I make a typological error. Then you jokingly ask if English is my second language. I can't see you grinning from ear to ear as you typed that comment. If I'm predisposed to insecurity and/or paranoia I could easily construe that as a hateful, rude comment. OR . . . if I have respect for you and assume that you have respect for me then I could laugh along with the well intentioned jab.

On the other hand. . . if I EVER hear of you making fun of my plaid cargo shorts and paisley seer sucker shirt I will hunt you down!

Use less, lose less, weigh the benefits, count the costs.
Old 06-13-2014, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallhilton View Post
Well said.

One attribute of digital forums is the human tendency to personalize comments. Let's say I make a typological error. Then you jokingly ask if English is my second language. I can't see you grinning from ear to ear as you typed that comment. If I'm predisposed to insecurity and/or paranoia I could easily construe that as a hateful, rude comment. OR . . . if I have respect for you and assume that you have respect for me then I could laugh along with the well intentioned jab.

On the other hand. . . if I EVER hear of you making fun of my plaid cargo shorts and paisley seer sucker shirt I will hunt you down!
I wouldn't dare! I have been warned
Old 06-16-2014, 03:20 AM

Old 06-19-2014, 07:29 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
You seem to feel that these forums should be run according to your rules even though you have only been here a month.
Yes your right....I am sorry about that. I thought this was such a good place to be,....that it would benefit people. I got emails from people who have walked this forum, for the same reason. I thought it would be good to voice my opinion. Just for information. I am sorry about I voiced it too hard....I was major angry.

Been off forum, I knew I had to take a chill pill before posting. Although it is a laugh that I have been on the forum before?? I live half way around the world...and I was in bed two years ago, in serious pain. I got on this forum by ordering books and the magazine...they can tell you,.. I am,.. who I say I am. Although I can see that I do not know you, I can only judge you by your actions on this forum, and perhaps I have made a major mistake also on some people?

Anne, I read your book, I saw you had been through a lot of things I had. I wanted to come here because you said that the forum gave you a lot of strength. I was major excited about being here....because I enjoyed 97 percent of the people.

But I posted in a thread that I have deep feeling about....and I should have never done that until I read what people have to say to each other. All I was asking for was respect. Your right, I was not going to get it on that thread.

Although it is noted by few emails that I am targeted because of my choice of Warriorwoman as a name....that was a very bad decision on my part....thanks for pointing that out. Another major mistake on my part.

Your right also....that you did not call me a liar. And I apologize for saying so....in the heat of being P.O. But Webster dictionary: Meaning: Liar, One who utters falsehood. Go back and read what you did say to me.

It is noted I do not know you. An perhaps I jump the gun??? as I can not see you, and know you as real people.

I am alone, ....and serious health issues, keep me on my place without anyone to talk to when I am in bed. I have a homestead in Hawaii, half off the grid....all I wanted to do was share, without someone telling me, what I was saying was not true. I know MO your right, .... but I got enough mud, and manure here at my place ....without getting it thrown at me. I have often wonder...LOL that I had to much happen to me that I have gotten too hard around the edges....that is possible.

So what are you all saying.... I have to put up with the treatment....or leave like the others did? Yea, I know the ignore button. Stay off the threads that are bad news for me.

I am not sure about any of this....mud fights are not my bag, I am too darn old and sick and tired of BS.
Old 06-19-2014, 07:34 PM
Master Pontificator

You don't need to argue with those that you don't like or respect, they won't change no matter what you say. Pay attention to the opinions you enjoy and don't worry about the rest.

Yes your right....very right ...thanks for your input. Can someone tell me how to change my name....warriorwomen is a target waiting to get shot.