BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Financial > Frugal Living

Frugal Living Anything to do with saving money, living for less, how to save, free stuff, etc.

Old 08-30-2013, 11:14 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default London Fog jacket

While at the Goodwill near me Wednesday afternoon I decided to check out the winter jackets and coats. I found a nice ladies 2XX London Fog jacket with a zip out lining and asked DD if she wanted it, her reply was yes. Since I didn't buy her a birthday gift I thing this will serve as a belated one. Their listed price for jackets and coats is $12.99 which I'm more than happy to pay. She asked me to keep it at my place until cold weather hits so I said okay and told her I'd make sure and take it to the cleaners between now and then. When I got home and found the care tag, in a side seam, I found out that both the outer jacket and the zip out liner are machine washable. Yeah! I was thrilled to say the least. Looked at a couple of London Fog coats at the Goodwill we were at today and they both had a "Julia's Attic" tag on them with one priced at $24.99 and the other at $29.99. For a London Fog those aren't bad prices but since I'm used to paying just $12.99 for the full length coats I don't seen any need to give them basically twice the price. I've got a long coat but will be keeping an eye out at some other Goodwill's for another jacket similar to the one I found.
Old 08-31-2013, 12:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYellowRose View Post
While at the Goodwill near me Wednesday afternoon I decided to check out the winter jackets and coats. I found a nice ladies 2XX London Fog jacket with a zip out lining and asked DD if she wanted it, her reply was yes. Since I didn't buy her a birthday gift I thing this will serve as a belated one. Their listed price for jackets and coats is $12.99 which I'm more than happy to pay. She asked me to keep it at my place until cold weather hits so I said okay and told her I'd make sure and take it to the cleaners between now and then. When I got home and found the care tag, in a side seam, I found out that both the outer jacket and the zip out liner are machine washable. Yeah! I was thrilled to say the least. Looked at a couple of London Fog coats at the Goodwill we were at today and they both had a "Julia's Attic" tag on them with one priced at $24.99 and the other at $29.99. For a London Fog those aren't bad prices but since I'm used to paying just $12.99 for the full length coats I don't seen any need to give them basically twice the price. I've got a long coat but will be keeping an eye out at some other Goodwill's for another jacket similar to the one I found.
MYR
You can have those treated with water repellent at a dry cleaners.
That also keeps the cleaner and repells all kinds of stains.
(worked dry cleaning for years.
Those to be the top of the line all weather coats--NICE FIND>
Old 08-31-2013, 12:46 AM

Yep, I know Annie that's why I have a men's full length London Fog coat with a zip out lining myself. Love me a London Fog coat. I'll check around and see just how much it will cost to get it treated as with a house full of kids that will be a big asset to her even though it's machine washable.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:17 PM

Nice find. I never saw a London Fog at any of the Good will stores I go to.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:45 PM

I've owned two London Fog jackets, love them. I found them at Burlington Coat Factory for $29.00. My last one, which was black, was coveted by my oldest daughter before she left to teach ESL in South Korea last month. She said, "Oh Mom, it's monsoon season there now and I will need a good thick long rain proof
Jacket, can I borrow yours?" So now it's in Korea, lol. I have a feeling if I find another one, my youngest will covet that one and I will give in to her as well, lol.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:10 PM

There is or at least used to be a London Fog outlet store between Seattle and Portland.
I bought several coats there years ago.
Not for $12.99 but still less than any place else.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:33 AM

A great find. They are well made.