BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

  #61  
Old 03-07-2014, 12:28 AM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
:fie

So, just because his choice doesn't meet YOUR opinion it is no good?
How pompous.
Nope.

I laid out the pros and cons in a side by side comparison for something in a comparable cost to what the OP paid for the M1 carbine he has in hand.

My choice is my M1A SOCOM but, that was three times more than the $550 for the M1 Carbine.

So comparing something that is approximately the same price but outperforms the M1 Carbine in capability, repair parts, and supplemental equipment.

Someone else suggested the AK-47 clones, another suggested the Mini 14. heck, another person recommended selling the M1 Carbine to by an AR.

My question is why buy something that is obsolete and marginally effective for what it was meant for at the time? Aesthetics? So you think the guy that kills you for your functional homestead when society is in the garbage is going to respect your choice of blued steel and walnut? As he strips your body of it?

So why all the righteous butthurt?
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old 03-11-2014, 11:53 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
So why all the righteous butthurt?
No one is acting "butthurt" other than you.

You pretty much ignored the OP and inserted your own opinions rather than answering the ONLY question that was asked:

Quote:
"Anyone else using an M1 carbine as a security rifle?"
A simple yes or no would have sufficed
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 03-12-2014, 10:32 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfootfarm View Post
No one is acting "butthurt" other than you.

You pretty much ignored the OP and inserted your own opinions rather than answering the ONLY question that was asked:



A simple yes or no would have sufficed
And why are you so righteously butthurt, again?

You didn't ask the question and certainly didn't help the OP yourself.

So why the bruised pride?
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 03-13-2014, 03:30 AM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
And why are you so righteously butthurt, again?

You didn't ask the question and certainly didn't help the OP yourself.

So why the bruised pride?
LOL

The OP never asked for any help, but obviously what people type and what you read gets garbled in the translation.

I'm tired of trying to explain it to you though since it's obvious you don't really read what anyone says, or you wouldn't reply as you do
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 03-13-2014, 11:05 AM
rice paddy daddy's Avatar
rice paddy daddy Male rice paddy daddy is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: On a dirt road in N.E. Fla.
Posts: 2,717
Default

Don't feed the troll
__________________
"There is nothing so exhilarating as to be shot at without result." Winston Churchill

1st Brigade, 5th Infantry Division (Mech) "We Will"
Quang Tri Province, RVN 1969-70
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 03-13-2014, 01:01 PM
hunter63's Avatar
hunter63 hunter63 is offline
Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: SE/SW WI
Posts: 635
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rice paddy daddy View Post
Don't feed the troll
Plus one......
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:15 PM
StockdaleDave Male StockdaleDave is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 442
Default

X2. Ignore button works well. Really cleans up the smell of the board.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:34 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfootfarm View Post
LOL

The OP never asked for any help, but obviously what people type and what you read gets garbled in the translation.

I'm tired of trying to explain it to you though since it's obvious you don't really read what anyone says, or you wouldn't reply as you do

Again, what has you so broken hearted? You go from thread to thread looking for an argument. So you get what you wanted. Why are you hurt about it?
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 03-14-2014, 03:59 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
Again, what has you so broken hearted? You go from thread to thread looking for an argument. So you get what you wanted. Why are you hurt about it?
LOL
I'm beginning to think you don't understand English, since nothing I've said would convey the idea I'm "broken hearted" or "hurt"

I merely pointed out some facts about the OP and your replies

It's you that's complaining still

The truth is I find it rather amusing, plus it helps alleviate boredom while waiting for the Carolina game to start

Quote:
You go from thread to thread looking for an argument.
That's simply false.
You may think it's true because I've pointed out some misinformation you've posted on other threads, but it's just facts, and those you can't dispute.

If my posts bother you though, feel free to not read them

Game time!!
Go HEELS!!

Last edited by Bearfootfarm; 03-14-2014 at 04:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 03-14-2014, 07:59 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfootfarm View Post
LOL
I'm beginning to think you don't understand English, since nothing I've said would convey the idea I'm "broken hearted" or "hurt"

I merely pointed out some facts about the OP and your replies

It's you that's complaining still

The truth is I find it rather amusing, plus it helps alleviate boredom while waiting for the Carolina game to start


That's simply false.
You may think it's true because I've pointed out some misinformation you've posted on other threads, but it's just facts, and those you can't dispute.

If my posts bother you though, feel free to not read them

Game time!!
Go HEELS!!
Yes, game time alright.

I don't think it that way. You seek out a confrontation in every thread. In fact you don't start any threads of your own.
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 03-14-2014, 11:20 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
You seek out a confrontation in every thread.
Can you point out anything I've stated that's incorrect?

Quote:
In fact you don't start any threads of your own.
Once again you make claims that are easily disproven
It's much better to research first and post second

http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/v...archid=2094529

I'm averaging 2.66 posts per year with my three threads

You're averaging 1.61 per year with your 21 threads

I start more than you, it seems

Last edited by Bearfootfarm; 03-14-2014 at 11:47 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 03-15-2014, 01:49 AM
raytwnmt's Avatar
raytwnmt raytwnmt is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 83
Default M1 Carbine

The question was; "Anyone else using an M1 carbine as a security rifle?"

The answer is yes. I have an Underwood M1 carbine. The best rifle to use on

offense for me is the M14, but I can't afford one.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 03-15-2014, 03:24 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfootfarm View Post
Can you point out anything I've stated that's incorrect?



Once again you make claims that are easily disproven
It's much better to research first and post second

http://www.backwoodshome.com/forum/v...archid=2094529

I'm averaging 2.66 posts per year with my three threads

You're averaging 1.61 per year with your 21 threads

I start more than you, it seems
Why look farther than this thread? Excellent example.

You're not going to dictate use of this forum to me or anyone else. You have no moral, ethical, or legal authority to do so.

Make any demand you like. As you can see I have ignored them.
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 03-15-2014, 05:02 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
Why look farther than this thread? Excellent example.
That's not an example of anything
Point out some specific facts that are incorrect, the way I proved yours wrong


Quote:
You're not going to dictate use of this forum to me or anyone else. You have no moral, ethical, or legal authority to do so.

Make any demand you like. As you can see I have ignored them.
LOL
More disjointed rambling

I haven't made any "demands"

I've just ponted out most of what you say can easily be proven false.

You don't even try to refute the facts, but instead just keep trying to make it all about me

It makes you look childish
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:11 PM
sethwyo sethwyo is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thunder basin
Posts: 1,117
Default

as a child, i wanted something more than the single shot .22 i had, the bigger centerfire rifles wore too heavy to carry, and too loud. my 22 stevens was light enough and didnt make much noise but was too weak to stop the varmits i shot at with it, and by the time i had a second round ready they would be long gone.

the 30-06 bolt action rifle was good enough to kill anything with, but it was too much to carry around, it took the fun out of hiking, most large rifles do. a good handgun, in the right cal, would have fit my need for something very light weight and easly carryed that i could bring up and use quickly.

i grew up always wanting a lil m1 carbine, the size of round and handleability look to be perfect for a gun to carry around all day, without any stress, and could be fired without worry of blowing my ears off.

today i have the first one i ever got still hanging on the rack in the house, i used it once in self defence against human predators, and iv shot a lot of different animals with it, from game to predators.

i reload for it, unique powder and 100 gr, lead, and 120 gascheck lead, also some jacketed if if find some affordable. and i load hollow point jacked for killing rounds.

it lacks accuracy and power, but can do the job if your good enough And CLOSE enough.

it is pretty close to the 38 spl round. and many are the story of a cop, or home owner emptying his 38 spl into someone and it didnt seem to bother them too much as they continued to bother, harass and sometimes killed the person holding the empty 38 spl.

lot of reports from the military on its failure to stop charging enemys.

its not the gun that is needed or wanted for stoping the 300 pound masked armored terrorists that will be smashing into you home in the middle of the night.
__________________
So ya'll use this to escape reality ? Well i am reality potheads.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 03-15-2014, 11:21 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
lot of reports from the military on its failure to stop charging enemys.
I suspect much of that is due to poor hits and body armor, as well as the FMJ ammo they use

I had an M1 for a while, and like you said, it's a fun gun to carry around and play with, but I never could figure out anything it was GOOD for that another cartridge couldn't do better
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:11 AM
sethwyo sethwyo is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thunder basin
Posts: 1,117
Default

Good for killing turkys, deer, elk, also i nowe a man who took two caribou in alaska. its not really the round, it is the size and shape of the gun its self that makes it so handy, a little lever action traper in 357 or 44 is lot better,

i live very near, and sometimes travel in grizz country, i sometime do have the m1 but when in that country have something much bigger at hand.

lot of fun for plinking. cheap to reload with home cast.

the issue of not stopping a terrorist, or enemy soilder is the same as with the 38 spl round, it simply zippes right through the human body and dosnt knock them down.

yet here we are in a time and place where jacked up jack boots can at anytime anywhere hyjack you and rape you your family and beat you to death in the name of national security, but we do not pack like we are in grizz country.

if the 110gr ball ammo hits a bone, like a leg bone it will totaly break it, smash it in half. nasty.

go shoot some steel fence post with it. then try it on some grater blade if you want to see what it does on armor
__________________
So ya'll use this to escape reality ? Well i am reality potheads.

Last edited by sethwyo; 03-16-2014 at 12:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 03-16-2014, 12:52 PM
ArmySGT.'s Avatar
ArmySGT. Male ArmySGT. is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: Colorado!!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 1,621
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearfootfarm View Post
That's not an example of anything
Point out some specific facts that are incorrect, the way I proved yours wrong



LOL
More disjointed rambling

I haven't made any "demands"

I've just ponted out most of what you say can easily be proven false.

You don't even try to refute the facts, but instead just keep trying to make it all about me

It makes you look childish
Still demanding. Still ignoring those demands.

I do not, nor anyone else, answer to you.

You can add anything you want.

This board is entertainment. Only a fool would come here (the internet) for anything else.
__________________
This is a how-to, homesteading and self-reliance website and Forum. We want to attract people who are primarily interested in those areas and for whom politics is secondary.
Oliver
Here's an internet truth; just because it bothers you, doesn't mean anyone else cares! - Me.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 03-16-2014, 01:03 PM
Bearfootfarm's Avatar
Bearfootfarm Male Bearfootfarm is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Eastern North Carolina
Posts: 1,892
Default

Quote:
I do not, nor anyone else, answer to you.
I realize you have nothing factual to add
There's no need to keep repeating worthless rhetoric

Quote:
This board is entertainment. Only a fool would come here (the internet) for anything else.
You may see it only as "entertainment" because you have little real knowledge to add
Others find it informative when folks stick to the topic

You should give it a try
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 03-16-2014, 04:29 PM
sethwyo sethwyo is offline
Grand Master Pontificator
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Thunder basin
Posts: 1,117
Default the lil m1 carbine

could this be used to find out what we have at hand for home defense ? by the feds ?

yes i do have a carbine at hand for home defense, very light and handy.

it was described as "an overgrown .22 " and thats exactily what it is, its quiet, quick and deadly, to 4 legged varmits and 2 legged.

i had a light load with the cast 100 gr, it would not cycle the action, it made the carbine a bolt action. i would not loose the brass, and didnt need to clear the chamber of a live round every time i shot.

i usto have an 'enforcer pistol' made by iver johnson. it was cute. but like most cute things it wusnt good for much.

it was hard to shoot one handed, hard to shoot two handed, i thought it would be handy to put a folding paratrooper stalk on, so it could be aimed accurately , i thought it would make a great piece like that, but was told such a thing would be a fellony crime.

some of us get 32 cal pistol bullets to load for it, which are a bit bigger in dia. baised on this, the 7.62x39 rounds can be taken apart and the bullets will work when rounded off on the point making it lighter and making it to feed. i do not yet nowe how close the two powders are, from the imr 4227 in the m1 carbine, to whatever the russians use in their ak round for powder.
something to ponder for years to come, its pretty certain the liberators of america will be armed with the ak, and if you dont bother them, they may not bother you.
__________________
So ya'll use this to escape reality ? Well i am reality potheads.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -2. The time now is 11:42 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
© 1996 to Present. Backwoods Home Magazine, Inc.