BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Self-reliance > Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear

Preparedness/Survival Skills/BOBs/Kits/Gear If it will help keep you going when TSHTF, talk about it here.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:48 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad_Professor View Post
We had a diesel school bus painted green, most of the seats removed. Had a: wood stove, small diesel generator with inverter and battery bank, bunk beds, table, sink that dumped into a cutoff 55 gal barrel, 55-gal water barrel and berkey filter, TV, antenna for TV/radio/SW/CB, propane refrigerator/ice chest, kitchen cabinets. Hole with trap door on the floor used for ice fishing inside or a place to put a commode with another cutoff barrel underneath. Extra 55-gal barrel for bus fuel/generator. Set of tire chains. Chainsaw and hand tools.

Was not a lot of money but made a great deer camp that I now miss.
Nice rig! What happened to it? A bit big for what I was thinking but a great build jus the same!
//BT//
Old 05-11-2014, 02:22 PM

I just cleaned out my 2004 Honda Odyssey mini-van because we're planning on selling it. In there was pretty much everything you described.

Gosh, I accumulated quite a bit in the last 10 years. My daughter got in after I was done cleaning and said, "I forgot how much room was in here."
Old 05-31-2014, 01:05 PM

Smile

i have a few,only not new ,have 3 dodge power wagons, a m37 military 46 wdx civilian and a 41 wc 1 military,plus a 6x6, a 52 gmc xm211 military duece
Old 06-28-2015, 06:21 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default castle on wheels

This thread seems to be home for some unusual BOV / bug out vehicles. Some are more practical than others. The link below will take you to a video of a bug-out-vehicle that's also a tiny house on wheels.

I wouldn't call it totally practical but it is very innovative.

Envision a vagabond lifestyle. Or, consider the concept of early exit bugging out. For example -- you begin to hear rumors about possible rioting over the loss of Blue Bell ice cream. You could stay put and take your chances with the hoards, or you could get out of the shadow of the city and set up housekeeping without skipping a beat.

This tiny house on wheels includes a shower, a full sized bath tub, composting toilet, wood burning stove as well as a full sized propane range/oven. There's even a penthouse!

The most interesting aspect of the design is that it incorporates art, style and engineering much more aesthetically than the utilitarian designs we're accustomed to seeing on campers and the like.

It's not quick to set up so alternate transportation would be required.

Here's the video: Castle Truck.

Use less, lose less, weigh the benefits, count the costs.