BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:02 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terri View Post
The landlord has to give renters adequate notice: that is the law.

I do not know how long the law says they have to be given, but 30 days notice is fairly standard practice as most places ask for the last month's rent up front. If that means the landlord cannot remodel early that is the landlords problem.
Too add too Terri----and she is in a high risk pregnancy and medical situation.
Shes in Texas--I'd go to the local JP near there---he can do something about this.

You use to not be able to force move a pregnant/nursing Mom .
Old 07-07-2014, 02:04 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Annie they've moved into a trailer here where I live. SIL sent her an email, per the advice of an attorney friend, informing her that if she didn't quit calling and emailing that she would be charged with harassment and interfering with their peaceful enjoyment of the apartment. She showed up this past Tuesday while the oldest two girls and I were rearranging boxes in the U-Haul and started in on me about making sure we put the trash cans out even though pickup day is on Thursday over there. When she wound down and stopped for a breath I asked her "Who are you? I've never seen you before in my life." and she told me she was the landlady and I promptly told her that two of us are disabled and the third adult is pregnant. For some reason I think she thought I was my daughter even though there is little physical resemblance. DD is about 2" shorter than me, has waist lengthene dark brown hair and brown eyes, I have extremely short grey hair, pale blue eyes and weigh about 50#'s less. I feel sorry for whoever rents one of those apartments from her, as DD said, she's the landlady from he'll.