BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 06-29-2014, 01:45 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Some really cute planter ideas

https://www.google.com/search?q=DIY+...=1070&bih=1346
Old 06-29-2014, 10:23 AM

I have some clay pots the got broken(son weed-eatting) that I use for my tiny cactus.
Some need deeper depth than the shallow rooted ones.

Some very neat ideas.

Love that fire pit.
Old 06-29-2014, 04:12 PM
Master Pontificator

I love these two guys, today they make big money ....but they make everything by hand ...using paper concrete and concrete...easy to make and paint. Anyone can do this kind of craft work. Harder work but it is beautiful results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=litt...w=1600&bih=738

It is the only design book that I use. A Garden Gallery. The Plants, Art, and Hardscape of Little and Lewis.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawaiiDi View Post
I love these two guys, today they make big money ....but they make everything by hand ...using paper concrete and concrete...easy to make and paint. Anyone can do this kind of craft work. Harder work but it is beautiful results.

https://www.google.com/search?q=litt...w=1600&bih=738

It is the only design book that I use. A Garden Gallery. The Plants, Art, and Hardscape of Little and Lewis.

Nice work. Have you ever visited their place? That would be fun.
Old 06-29-2014, 05:54 PM
Master Pontificator

Actually, I have not been off the island in nine years due to the fact that, I have major bone issues especially back, hips,... and can not sit for hours. Flight anywhere is five/six hours.... But I have been doing better health wise the last year...and I mean major better. I am able to drive the car without major pain. Last time I flew the doctors had me on morphine so I could endure the flight, I was so out of it and in wheel chair.....I looked like a retarded person who lost her head!!!....needless to say that was a nightmare ....at arrival,...I was in so much pain in spite of the medicines....I thought I was going to die the minute I got off. Morphine made me into a nut case, it does nothing for real pain. Since then I stop travels. But I have prayers,.. that I can return to the mainland some day and go to places like their place. Until then I just have to settle on the net, books and works. I most want to return to my homeland in Ohio.... as I was unable to travel to my parents funeral and ....there is an international wood carving competition there....I am ready to go against some of the best in the world.... But it is all up to a higher power if I can get on that airplane?
Old 06-29-2014, 06:02 PM

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Di. I know how it must mean to you to be able to attend the competition. In the late 70s I went into debt to fly from Denver to Dallas to attend the Dallas International Eggibit Show and Sale. It was so worth it though.

You sure you aren't a crazy red head that lives in West Texas and paints Elvis' on black velvet?
Old 06-29-2014, 09:35 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
You sure you aren't a crazy red head that lives in West Texas and paints Elvis' on black velvet?
Crazy maybe, red head no... I was a blonde that turn white. Never been to Texas....and black velvet yiks. Although I think when I was really young like ten,.... my parents gave me one of those paint by number deals on black velvet. Funny although.... no artist today would be caught dead doing that kind of work, it is so taboo in the art world....