BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Communications/Computers/Software

Communications/Computers/Software Ask questions and offer help on anything to do with electronic communication, computing, or related areas.

Old 09-05-2014, 08:26 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Creating a blog

Has anyone here started, and made a success of writing a blog? I want to get into Beta reading books by my favorite author. I know to do this I'll need a professional blog where I can post reviews of her books and others I read. I've found a couple of free e-books on blogging that I can put on my Kindle but I'd also like to read some first-hand accounts. I'm not looking to make a lot of money from it but a little bit extra would come in handy. If you don't care to answer here please send me a private message. Thanks in advance.
Old 09-05-2014, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYellowRose View Post
Has anyone here started, and made a success of writing a blog? I want to get into Beta reading books by my favorite author. I know to do this I'll need a professional blog where I can post reviews of her books and others I read. I've found a couple of free e-books on blogging that I can put on my Kindle but I'd also like to read some first-hand accounts. I'm not looking to make a lot of money from it but a little bit extra would come in handy. If you don't care to answer here please send me a private message. Thanks in advance.
Free Books http://www.gutenberg.org/catalog/

Blog. Get Word Press free off the internet and learn it. It is almost as easy as sending E mail to use the software.
http://en-ca.wordpress.org/
Old 09-05-2014, 09:12 PM

Thanks Durham. That was the closure recommended the most so I'll look into it.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:01 PM

Good luck with your blog! I understand WordPress has a learning curve, but it is good software. Blogger works pretty well, but it has been a while since I have used my account. It is much easier to set up a blog than to get in there and actually blog :/
Old 11-08-2014, 12:42 AM

I switched from WordPress to Blogger awhile back. I decided to look at going back to WordPress and found it to be unwieldy.

In looking at alternatives, I found tumblr duplicate everything I do on blogger over there to expand my audience.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:24 PM

I have had a few blogger blogs, but never made any money. I found that Word Press was difficult to use also, don't stop doing what you enjoy.