BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 09-07-2016, 06:50 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa bear View Post
Your response is nothing but insults and name calling. Lacking any substance. Therefore invalid.
Amazing!

It's not your fight; and you're not the one who was insulted - I am! Were you a smarter and less bombastic person you would have had the intelligence, if not the courtesy, to stay the hell out of it; but, obviously, you're possessed of neither any particular intelligence nor courtesy; and THAT (fortunately) is your problem, and not my own.
Old 09-08-2016, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Amazing!

It's not your fight; and you're not the one who was insulted - I am! Were you a smarter and less bombastic person you would have had the intelligence, if not the courtesy, to stay the hell out of it; but, obviously, you're possessed of neither any particular intelligence nor courtesy; and THAT (fortunately) is your problem, and not my own.
You, like profanity, show low intelligence. Like I said, name calling and insults makes your argument invalid. So that makes you invalid
Old 09-08-2016, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Amazing!

You, like profanity, show low intelligence. Like I said, name calling and insults makes your argument invalid. So that makes you invalid
Old 11-24-2016, 01:39 PM

not necessarily but wouldn't go out of my way to conceal
Old 11-27-2016, 04:59 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

A good friend of mine carries openly carries. As a result, he frequently gets the PD discount.

So. . . .if if accepts the discount, is that considered impersonating a cop?

Use less, lose less, weigh the benefits, count the costs.
Old 12-01-2016, 11:31 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Pssss ....... t! Hey, Papa, your arrogance and 'internet courage' are showing. (You need to learn when to shut up.)
Old 12-03-2016, 12:10 AM

Quote:
Pssss ....... t! Hey, Papa, your arrogance and 'internet courage' are showing. (You need to learn when to shut up.)
As great leaders know. It is not arrogance if you are right

Ignorance is only hindered by stupidity. You need to learn period

And to shut up
Old 12-03-2016, 02:11 AM

It's legal here but I rarely do unless i"m headed out fishing or similar. Otherwise I go concealed. Less eyes on me that way and I prefer that both good and bad guys don't know who I am or what I have. I like having the element of surprise on my side.
Old 12-03-2016, 09:22 AM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
As great leaders know. It is not arrogance if you are right Ignorance is only hindered by stupidity. You need to learn period And to shut up
Gotcha on that one ó Didn't I!

Like I said: Your arrogance and, 'internet courage' are showing. How sad for both you, yourself, and for all those who have to deal with you on a daily basis ó How genuinely sad!

You know, there has to be some sort of additional carryover value here. With what you've shown me so far you must be an absolute, 'joy' to have to either live or work with! (You just don't get the ugly truth about yourself; do you!)

'Great leaders', huh? You are a fool. Oh, and by the way, ignorance is NOT hindered by stupidity. Instead it is aided and abetted by it; but, then again, that's one thing I'll bet you actually DO understand! (Huh!)

You poor pathetic fool. (And I say this with absolutely no sense of malice, whatsoever!) You donít know how to think; you donít know how to stay out of other peopleís arguments; and you donít know when to shut up and, Ďtake your licksí either! Hereís a little well-meant advice for you from the Book of Proverbs: ĎIn the multitude of words there wanteth not sin: but he that refraineth his lips is wise.í In my considered opinion, you would do well to reflect upon the inherent wisdom of this proverb.

As for myself? Right now I'm going to take my own advice! I'm done with ya.

Last edited by Stinger; 12-03-2016 at 09:50 AM.
Old 12-26-2016, 08:48 AM

Default re: open carry

Here in NH open carry is legal. When not on my property, I choose to conceal carry only.
Old 12-26-2016, 11:12 AM

Found out something confusing to me. In Mississippi open carry is legal UNLESS you have a concealed carry permit. If you have a concealed carry permit and open carry, you are breaking the law. Don't ask me the logic but I was told by a county sheriff and checked it out with the state troopers.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:36 PM

Are you sure about that SCRUBBIE LADY. That is some of the nonsense that fanatical concealed carrier have spread over the years. They have tried it in other states

I find nothing in MS law that says this. Most government permission slips are for if you conceal. If you want you don't even have to carry at all. If any one can find the law that says you can not open carry if you have a GPS. Please me know

Check out opencarry.org, in the Mississippi forum.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNH View Post
Here in NH open carry is legal. When not on my property, I choose to conceal carry only.
John, everything I have found says it is totally legal to open carry in NH
Old 12-27-2016, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnNH View Post
John, everything I have found says it is totally legal to open carry in NH. You have state pre-emptive law there so state law should be rule of the land

A little bit of confusion, is the wording of, carrying a firearm with or without a license. Most sources tell me you don't need one to open carry. You do have to have one to CARRY in a car. To clarify though that is to carry loaded

They may mean license to conceal, and none to open.
Old 12-28-2016, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Are you sure about that SCRUBBIE LADY. That is some of the nonsense that fanatical concealed carrier have spread over the years. They have tried it in other states

I find nothing in MS law that says this. Most government permission slips are for if you conceal. If you want you don't even have to carry at all. If any one can find the law that says you can not open carry if you have a GPS. Please me know

Check out opencarry.org, in the Mississippi forum.
I haven't gone through that but I will. When I called the office that issues Concealed Carry Permits (State Trooper), I was told that. I wondered after I talked to a deputy sheriff who told me the same thing. That would be on my person. Vehicle and home, of course, are different. This is how it is being enforced.

Another thing he told me was that if a store has a sign that says no weapons, it does NOT apply to concealed carry unless the sign also has the ordinance listed which gives the details of concealed carry in Mississippi. I know, it sounds strange.

If you want to hear a strange one, it has been changed but previously in Texas, if an officer asked to see your driver's license, you had to show both the driver's license and the carry permit so the officer could see both at the same time(not the permit behind the license), or the office would pull your permit.
Old 12-29-2016, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrubbieLady View Post
I haven't gone through that but I will. When I called the office that issues Concealed Carry Permits (State Trooper), I was told that. I wondered after I talked to a deputy sheriff who told me the same thing. That would be on my person. Vehicle and home, of course, are different. This is how it is being enforced.

Another thing he told me was that if a store has a sign that says no weapons, it does NOT apply to concealed carry unless the sign also has the ordinance listed which gives the details of concealed carry in Mississippi. I know, it sounds strange.

If you want to hear a strange one, it has been changed but previously in Texas, if an officer asked to see your driver's license, you had to show both the driver's license and the carry permit so the officer could see both at the same time(not the permit behind the license), or the office would pull your permit.
Hey scribble lady, like I said, I have into this nonsense before, and by LEO. Remember no LEO IS a good source for law.
I can not find any law in your state that says this. I will go to opencarry.org,and ask the state forum. I think you should too. Go there and if you don't see my post ask yourself. It is always good to know the law.
Old 12-30-2016, 11:01 AM

Well, actually, for me it is a moot point, although I will check into it. I only concealed carry. I don't agree that we should need a permit to do it however. I think that is the best way to do it for me. There are some people at the regular places that I go that know I carry. Amazing how much room I now have to walk around at one place that sometimes makes me nervous.
Old 12-31-2016, 03:54 PM

Not a moot point Scubbie. There are people in your state that would like to know what the law is. When nonsense like this is spread, it hurts everybody. Looks one of the guys that answered me, " just because you have a driver's license, does that mean you can't ride a bicycle"

From what I can gather also you don't need a permit to hide your GUN in your state anyway
Old 01-01-2017, 12:35 PM

Well, in Mississippi, you can concealed carry on your property and in your vehicle. If you own a business, it is a part of your property and you can concealed carry there. That has been the law for a long time.

The permit in Mississippi is for CONCEALED CARRY. Now, you can open carry if you are of legal age and there is not a reason that you cannot (convicted felon for instance, or apparently if you have a concealed carry permit). If you are a convicted felon or if you have convictions in the area of domestic abuse or a history of abusing drugs or alcohol, you cannot get a concealed carry permit.

Mississippi is a shall issue state, so you don't have to worry about some nitwit in the local sheriff's office keeping you from getting your permit.

As for what the people think about the law. They should check it out on their own but they should do it by going to the Mississippi website and reading the law themselves or talk to a lawyer in Mississippi in addition to the info on opencarry.org

It is a moot point to me because I have no intention of open carry. Although that doesn't mean that people don't know that I carry.