BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Education/Homeschool

Education/Homeschool Homeschooling, adult education, teaching self-reliance, and anything else education-related.

Old 03-15-2015, 12:44 PM

But Pearson (PARCC) is not just in the business of making tests and educational material, they are in the business of monitoring social media by partnering with TRACX to develop their software:

http://www.ocsignal.com/2015/03/trac...from-web-site/

The boy who tweeted on social media did so after school was over, was off school property and didn't tweet a video of the test like PARCC accused. PARCC wanted him disciplined - suspended even - but the school investigated and found he did nothing to violate the security of the test.
Old 03-15-2015, 01:16 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatherineID View Post
But Pearson (PARCC) is not just in the business of making tests and educational material, they are in the business of monitoring social media by partnering with TRACX to develop their software:

http://www.ocsignal.com/2015/03/trac...from-web-site/

The boy who tweeted on social media did so after school was over, was off school property and didn't tweet a video of the test like PARCC accused. PARCC wanted him disciplined - suspended even - but the school investigated and found he did nothing to violate the security of the test.

And ???

Other than your vendetta against anything associated with a educational standard to improve americans results what does this have do with anything ? It had nothing to do with collection of personal data on test as you tried to imply.

At best it may be Associated with monitoring of social media m like that done by many other companies concerned about their product but nothing else?
http://www.cyberalert.com/blog/index...orate-threats/

Last edited by MissouriFree; 03-15-2015 at 01:52 PM.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:58 PM

We will be refusing the test this week. I'll post again to report how it goes. In the meantime, this article is an interesting read in that it supports all I've been saying:

https://seattleducation2010.wordpres...ort-answer-no/
Old 03-16-2015, 10:44 PM

FYI: We successfully refused the tests! No fuss, no muss.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:32 PM

I am with you wholeheartedly on this issue. Keep in mind that you can freely make the choice not to take a test, just you wont be employed without it.

I am promoting not just refusing a test, but alternate education where employers do not need to go to this brainwashing workforce slavery training system, send me a private message and we can talk more about it.