BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Firearms/Weapons

Firearms/Weapons Firearms or other weapons issues that do not have a dedicated board.
PLEASE NOTE: These boards are for discussion only. Offers to buy, sell, or trade anything are prohibited.

Old 03-06-2015, 08:01 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default New Anti Gun Strategy ??

Here is an article about some teachers of some kind having a fit over someone legally caring a firearm... And not long ago there was a news article about a person tackling a man legally licensed to conceal carry...

I'm starting to see a pattern here... That being the anti people deliberately causing problems with those legally caring a firearm...

Facts, details, thoughts ??
===
http://news.yahoo.com/school-choir-d...184409725.html
Old 03-08-2015, 01:40 AM

Just to make a point. These kind of people are not holophobes. They do not fear the guns. There is nothing they want more then the government to have guns.
What they are are Eleutherophobes, people who fear freedom.you notice he said he had no problem with the gun. He didn't want the man to have the freedom to carry
Just be warned these people will do anything to take that freedom away
Old 03-08-2015, 01:04 PM

I had a family member who was shopping, legally carrying. Another customer called the police on him.
Old 03-08-2015, 07:33 PM

"Fear of freedom" ???
To me that is totally weird.... I can understand spiders, heights, small places, a lot of things...... But freedom ??

http://common-phobias.com/Eleuthero/phobia.htm
This doesn't give much info... But what I can get from it tells me it is more a fear of being responsible for yourself... Needing to be taken care of by somebody, again not having to take responsibility for yourself...
---
I looked in a number of places, and I can't find a Websters style definition..

Unfortunately, these people are in a position to cause undo, unnecessary trouble for others... And quite frankly with there position as being "educated, educators, or some other ability to lead/control the thoughts/actions of others"... They see this as there duty to impose control on others as they see fit...

Is there a phobia for that ?? Dictatorship ??

Info ??
Old 03-09-2015, 12:22 AM

Anti gun individuals will do anything to humiliate or make the firearm owner look bad. They don't care about the gun, or the person. They just don't have the balls to carry a weapon so they don't want anyone to.
Old 03-09-2015, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickathome View Post
They just don't have the balls to carry a weapon so they don't want anyone to.
===
This could very well be part of it....
If they are not going to take the responsibility to own a firearm, and take the training to carry legally and safely... And do the practice to be competent carry people... I don't want them to have a firearm... Anywhere in there home, car, on there person...

With what little I can find for a definition of this phobia, I would think having competent, licensed carry people around would be a comfort to these people.. Providing more people to be responsible for there safety and well being, and relieving them of responsibility for themselves....

My 2 cents...
Old 03-09-2015, 03:05 AM

The "fear of freedom" has nothing to do with the overreaction to the sight of a weapon

It's a totally different phobia with a name of it's own, although it's not a actual medical term:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hoplophobia

Quote:
Hoplophobia is a neologism, originally coined as a pejorative,[1][2] to describe an "irrational aversion to weapons."[3] It is sometimes used more generally to describe the "fear of firearms"[4][5] or colloquially as the "fear of armed citizens."[6]
Old 03-09-2015, 07:17 PM

That is another place you fall short BFF

There are a lot of people that do not fear the gun. They attack people that are armed all the time. You and they love for the government to be armed. You and they hate for citizens to have the freedom to be armed

These people are the ones that load guns at gun shows, to fool people that all guns are empty

These are the same people that run up to armed people, curse and ridicule them for carrying. Yes, if they were afraid of the GUN, they wouldn't do that