BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Firearms/Weapons

Firearms/Weapons Firearms or other weapons issues that do not have a dedicated board.
PLEASE NOTE: These boards are for discussion only. Offers to buy, sell, or trade anything are prohibited.

Old 08-03-2015, 01:58 PM

Seems to me both parties in this case are either lying or are stretching truth. If it were me, I'd first give the drone operator ( they're not pilots IMO) a verbal warning to keep his drone over his own property and not to aim the camera at my house. If he ignores said warning then a call to the police is my next step. If that doesn't halt their activity then my last move would be to break out the clay bird thrower. " well you see officer what happened was I was shooting Skeets and Mr. Jones' drone just got into the line of fire".
Old 08-03-2015, 02:04 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

I'm far enough away to shoot as I please on my own property.

I'd just say my eyes are getting bad and I thought it was a vulture after my chickens.

Over private property rules should be the same as with airplanes to protect Constitutional rights to privacy/security in ones home. If recall, the NG helicopters flying around looking for weed years back got spanked for warrantless searches, I believe that was below a 500 ft lower ceiling. They were doing the same as the drones, flying over, hovering and ooggling, sunbathers in their backyard. Any weed they found had the evidence dismissed.

If the DA/JUDGE feels flying around peoples homes is fine, we the people should get a FLOCK of drones together and follow the Judiciary and his/her family around THEIR HOMES. Things would change fast.......
Old 08-04-2015, 01:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post

I've wondered how well a "net gun" would work in a case like this ?? There are versions of net guns in different sizes intended for animals as well as police use...
Funny. I google net gun after my post and before you posted this. Our minds must travel similar paths at times.
Old 08-04-2015, 02:01 PM

Our minds must travel similar paths at times. Bwahahahahahaha..... THAT has to be a scary thought.... But just to the people that know us...
---
Did a quick google and found net guns of several kinds..
Problem seems to be they are about $800 to $3200....

Agree... If there was a drone over the judges house all weekend, every weekend for a while... There would be a WHOLE different outlook on that issue....

A thought..... Maybe the time tested SSS damaging predator control method will work with this kind of problem... ?? (SSS= shoot, shovel, silence)

Good luck...
Old 08-04-2015, 07:57 PM

FYI- The State of Idaho has an anti-drone law on the books. I love this place!
Old 08-04-2015, 08:20 PM

BFF--sorry, my bad--it was actually #8 shot:

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/...ver-back-yard/
Quote:
Not knowing who owned it, the Kentucky man took out his shotgun and fired three blasts of Number 8 birdshot to take the drone out.
JVC
Old 08-06-2015, 12:48 AM

Default drone videos

Here is one of several drone videos from you tube. "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yly2PK2pg9U"

Personally I don't want one flying over my place, I have enough military pilots playing war games overhead. And don't think military pilots are just "practicing". While in the Navy I know of many helicopter crews on "practice runs" that would fly quite slowly over, as they said, interesting views! And copters can fly well BELOW the 250 ft altitude. So I say the kid running the drone was after one of two things; 1) figuring what and where he was going to rob next, or 2) looking for as many undressed in privacy fenced folks he could find.

Sorry Bearfoot but sometimes these "KIDS" really are looking for things they can exploit or blackmail you to keep it from getting it on the web. Especially in todays beliefs of "Instant Gratification" and "I Don't Care What You Think." And I have seen that these kids have gotten this attitude from their parents in too many cases.

I'm Living My Dream! Three Horses, two Dogs and a Bit of Land!
Old 08-07-2015, 12:41 AM

Quote:
So I say the kid running the drone was after one of two things; 1) figuring what and where he was going to rob next, or 2) looking for as many undressed in privacy fenced folks he could find.
Quote:
Sorry Bearfoot but sometimes these "KIDS" really are looking for things they can exploit or blackmail you to keep it from getting it on the web.
There's no evidence there were any "kids" involved, and since the operator paid $1800 for the drone, I suspect he was an adult with a decent job.

There also has been no evidence presented to suggest he did anything other that what he said he was doing.

The guy whose first reaction was to grab a gun is an idiot
Old 08-08-2015, 09:06 PM

While I wouldn't do it, I have no angst against some that would shoot down a drone over their own property. Fired near the vertacle, the shot is very unlikely to cause any harm to earth bound critters of any variety. If the owner could it the drone at 200+ feet then it almost had to be directly overhead and was trespassing. The drone operator should be proescuted too.

If these become a problm here, I'm sure some local redenck will build an air powered tennis ball gun that could easily bring it down, and for a lot less than 1200.00.
Stay safe, stay sane, but don't put up with any crap for hi-tech peeping toms.

jim
Old 08-13-2015, 07:26 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbQi4yr8Ihc
Old 08-13-2015, 10:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
Our minds must travel similar paths at times. Bwahahahahahaha..... THAT has to be a scary thought.... But just to the people that know us...
---
Did a quick google and found net guns of several kinds..
Problem seems to be they are about $800 to $3200....

Agree... If there was a drone over the judges house all weekend, every weekend for a while... There would be a WHOLE different outlook on that issue....

A thought..... Maybe the time tested SSS damaging predator control method will work with this kind of problem... ?? (SSS= shoot, shovel, silence)

Good luck...
Sure you could make one with a modified potato cannon and a badminton net.

This would need more power to reach the range. http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-A-Net-Gun/
Old 08-14-2015, 12:01 AM

it's nice to know what people are really made of, and as things like this happen more and more in the years to come, we are going to find out what more and more people are really made of, from one group of people who say that someone flying a robot on to their property which may contain a camera to take pictures and video of them, or may have a bomb or a gun mounted on it to kill them, and the people who claim that it is a good thing that people can claim they have some right to fly a drone on to someone's property and that the homeowner cannot resist or fight back to an attack on his life, property and family.

it is not illegal to fire a gun inside the city boundaries, ask this to the police who investigated the case of a woman who shot a rapist who broke into her home.
although there are those people who claim she is a bad person because she broke a law by firing a gun inside the city limits.

and remember in the years to come that you cannot reach the mentally sick.

no logic, no reason, only lies and pointless arguments against what is right and against the truth.
Old 08-14-2015, 07:09 AM

Quote:
it is not illegal to fire a gun inside the city boundaries, ask this to the police who investigated the case of a woman who shot a rapist who broke into her home.

although there are those people who claim she is a bad person because she broke a law by firing a gun inside the city limits.
A self defense scenario is an exception to the prohibition on discharging a firearm in the city limits.

You can't logically compare that to this topic.

Something flying over your property is not "trespassing" and even if it were there is no right to shoot it if it isn't "attacking" you.

Anyone doing it will likely end up being charged just as the man in the OP
Old 08-15-2015, 12:52 AM

Its bad enough that idiots are flying drones over private property and filming, etc. The scary thing is that all this attention to drones is giving the terrorists out there plenty of ideas. What's to stop some terrorist organization from mounting weapons on one and flying it over a sporting event, etc and taking out many people. For this reason I will never trust a drone flying near my home. It comes over into my airspace and its going down.
Old 08-15-2015, 01:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickathome View Post
Its bad enough that idiots are flying drones over private property and filming, etc. The scary thing is that all this attention to drones is giving the terrorists out there plenty of ideas. What's to stop some terrorist organization from mounting weapons on one and flying it over a sporting event, etc and taking out many people. For this reason I will never trust a drone flying near my home. It comes over into my airspace and its going down.
Retain a good lawyer

Terrorists will not be targeting you, and they already know about drones, so it's just a matter of time before one is used to kill someone
Old 08-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Quote:
so it's just a matter of time before one is used to kill someone
Believe the USG is already doing that on a regular basis.
JVC
Old 08-16-2015, 03:19 PM

take note that the police( the government terrorists) have not collected the video recordings from the owner of the drone that will prove the location of the drone at the time of the shooting, this is because everybody knows that the drone was really not flying over the person's property but that it was in fact on the person's property.

what the news media calls the War on Terror is really the terrorist government war on freedom,

right now in a foreign country people's homes are blown up with the family inside, some people in America will click their tongues and Say" those terrorists should not have been hiding behind their children" what else could we do?"

the day is coming when the same terrorist government will be blowing up homes in America and claiming that "those men were terrorists and that it was the only thing that could be done".

The terrorists must be stopped at any cost.

it is the centuries-old psychotic mentally sick perspective of the rapist bully who does not like to be hit back.

fly a drone with a video camera into someone's backyard to snoop into their windows and take pictures of their children and then cry because the big bad gun owner blew your little robot up, and the government terrorists( the cops ) imediately side against the gun owner with the psychotic pervert drone owner.
in case no one ever figured out where all the 22 rimfire ammunition was going to it was in fact being brought up by the terrorist government to be loaded into a type of a machine gun that is mounted on a drone that saturates an area with thousands and thousands and tens of thousands of rounds of 22 long rifle ammunition from a mile and a half in the air.

Last edited by sethwyo; 08-16-2015 at 03:32 PM.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:05 PM

Quote:
take note that the police( the government terrorists) have not collected the video recordings from the owner of the drone that will prove the location of the drone at the time of the shooting, this is because everybody knows that the drone was really not flying over the person's property but that it was in fact on the person's property.
The truth is you have no idea what the police have seen.
We only know the one who did the shooting is the only one charged with a felony.

No one ever claimed it wasn't "over his property". but that gives no one a right to shoot it down, any more than you can shoot down airplanes

Any talk about what was being recorded is specualtion only.

Calling the police "Govt terrorists" just makes you sound like a lunatic, and robs you of all credibility
Old 08-18-2015, 11:33 PM

Here's something for all you drone lovers.

https://www.youtube.com/embed/4vGcH0Bk3hg?rel=0

Old 08-19-2015, 01:07 AM

good for security.