BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Self-Reliance & Preparedness > Financial > The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly

The Good, The Bad, & The Ugly Your experience with retailers, wholesalers, and others online and offline.

Old 10-16-2015, 04:36 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default BAD EXPERIENCE....

BAD EXPERIENCE..... With a retailer... I'm not going to let this kind of thing lie any more once it is resolved... I've had enough with bad retailers..

My story.. I bought a trailer hitch for my Dodge from CarID.com some place in New Jersey... When I Googled the item I wanted they came up as the first and supposedly the best seller.. Little did I know the nightmare to follow..

Of the product options they had I bought the Curt Mfg hitch and accessories as they are US made, shipped from here in WI, and I presumed good quality products.. I ordered the hitch with a 2" Euro style ball mount, a wire harness, and an extra 1 7/8" Euro ball mount.. Fully willing to pay for the items I needed, and the extra US made costs..

After more than 2 weeks of phone calls and e-mails, dealing with at least 5 different people at carid.com, I finely got the extra Euro ball attachment I ordered.. In dealing with them I had to look up THERE part number for the Curt item I ordered.. Once for the initial order and the other times trying to deal with there perception of "customer service"... A total of 4 or 5 times I hand fed them there own information and they still couldn't get it right...

I e-mailed Curt Mfg. to tell them there products are great, but there retailer stinks.. In all the years I had or ran machine shops, I would go to the meetings and hear this department did 95%, that department did 98%... And that was deemed acceptable... However machine shop was always expected to do 100%, 24/7..... I don't care how many million a retailer does a year of your product, even 98% leaves a lot of un happy people... NOT acceptable, and I won't tolerate it anymore..

So... The Curt products I have used are great..

I NEVER will order parts of any kind from carid.com... I suggest looking for any other source besides them..

I'm going to ask admin to make a sticky for this kind of thing..

Take care...
Old 10-16-2015, 11:22 PM

When I need parts like that I always deal with e-Trailer, never had a bad experience and their products are first rate. When ever I deal with them I always get a satisfaction survey afterwards and if the survey is not 100% they always contact you to see how they can make it right.