BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Health

Health Any kind of health issue, alternative medicines, herbal and folk remedies, etc.

Old 11-09-2015, 12:01 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default Wart Removal with Aspirin

My son thinks he has the beginning of a wart. We went on line to search out wart remedies and found that the main ingredient of most of them is"salicylic acid."

Aspirin (ASA) is Acetylsalicylic Acid so I chased that lead and found that sure enough, people claim success with aspirin for wart removal.

Unfortunately, I'm doubtful that this is actually a wart - probably more of a callous but if it goes away after a couple of weeks off ASA treatment then I'll post the results.

Have any of y'all tried Aspirin for wart removal?

Use less, lose less, weigh the benefits, count the costs.
Old 11-09-2015, 10:14 PM

Very astute of you, Randal.

Compound W is indeed salisylic acid and works by desiccating the outer layer of the skin on a wart after topical application. That dried layer is then scraped off the next day and a second application is made and the process repeated daily until all layers of skin are eventually removed.

I've not used acetylsalicylic acid, but see no reason it wouldn't work too if powdered and made into a pasty solution for application.

Or...you could use the old Sicilian method of wart removal: rub hamburger on the wart and then have a dog lick the wart. Bury the hamburger and by the time that meat rots, the wart will be gone. At least that's what my great grandmother told me....You're not going to call my great grandmother a liar, are you now?
Old 11-15-2015, 05:17 PM

My grandmother rubbed a penny on warts and then gave the penny to the person with the wart with instructions that they had to bury the penny but not tell anyone where it was burried.

It worked on one one of mine but then it and all of it's friends came back with a vengeance. For years photos of my knees were in a medical book. I had over 150 warts on one knee and a bunch on the other. Why the knees I wonder?

Another remedy involved stealing a dish rag and burying it but I can't remember any other particulars.