BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Old 11-15-2015, 07:12 PM
Master Pontificator

Default Animal Activist Join Gun Control Band Wagon

I see now the Animal Rights Activist want to ban pet owners from being able to put their own pets down with the use of a weapon.

Few pet owners enjoy having a pet put down, regardless of the method, or reason.

However many people can not afford the $50 for the vet to do it. (That is the going price round here, but in more distant and higher cost living areas I would not be surprised at a $100 vet bill to euthanize ones pet.)

Even if weapons were banned from this use, and people tolerated and obeyed the mandate, there are still many other ways to induce death, many of which are not as quick and humane as using a weapon. But I guess these Animal Activists would rather have animals lingering in pain while other methods take effect, in preference to the use of a weapon which brings about almost instantaneous death. So it leads me to believe, it is just another smoke screen deployed in yet another attack on the Second Amendment, but if they are sincere, they are unimaginably stupid!

Some people have such ideal goals, most of which are unrealistic & unattainable both, they are absolutely useless in the world in which we live. In other words they are just another drummer in the band wagon of gun control/elimination/confiscation/eradication and their theories are dumber than they are themselves.

My rant for the day.
Old 11-16-2015, 04:10 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

As pathetic as some of the utterances issued by either of these kind of groups are.. It seems an incredible stretch to make an assumption that this kind of alliance is rational.. Let alone useful to mankind or animals in most any way.

It would not surprise me the animal groups got talked into this more than an equal coming together of the two groups..

Really makes you shake your head at what some see as "common sense"...

My 2 cents..
Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 PM

It's not a matter of common sense. It's a matter of using an issue to gain control for a political/economic agenda. See Saul Alinski's "Rules for Radicals." or Rahm Emmanuelle's edict "Exploit every crisis." Confer Global Warming..er..Climate Change...er..Climate Disruption...er...Extreme Weather, for instance.

That "consensus report" recently issued about meat causing cancer is pure bovine excrement and the next step will be for them to issue statements about the vegan diet being better for the environment. They want us undernourished and weak--and therefore more dependent on govt.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
It's not a matter of common sense. It's a matter of using an issue to gain control for a political/economic agenda.

That "consensus report" recently issued about meat causing cancer is pure bovine excrement and the next step will be for them to issue statements about the vegan diet being better for the environment. They want us undernourished and weak--and therefore more dependent on govt.
---
Already being done.... For instance.. Look what has happened to the (government) school lunch programs.. It's not about a balanced healthy diet or any more it essentially has turned to vehicle to steer kids to vegetarian etc..

Kids need protein, fats, and the whole spectrum of foods to grow and mature.. And yes obesity can be prevented with a good and complete diet and exercise..

Teaching and requiring a "runway model" diet for grade school kids is NOT healthy either..

I've raised kids.. I've spent a lot of time raising a 10 year old grand daughter that can out grow a pair of shoes before the end of the week.. That takes fuel..

Your right... It's always about control.. Not science or common sense..
My 2 cents..
Old 11-17-2015, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyobuckaroo View Post
---

My 2 cents..
That brings up anther sore spot with me. It's time for some serious investigative reporting to expose the corruption:

--If it's "My 2 cents worth.." But only "a penny for your thoughts.."....Who's getting that extra 1 cent?
Old 11-17-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc View Post
That brings up anther sore spot with me. It's time for some serious investigative reporting to expose the corruption:

--If it's "My 2 cents worth.." But only "a penny for your thoughts.."....Who's getting that extra 1 cent?
Common core math. 2 cents is only worth a penny.

Old 11-17-2015, 01:43 PM
Master Pontificator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wywhitewolf View Post
Common core math. 2 cents is only worth a penny.

But it costs the government a nickel to mint the penny. Now that is real common core math at work.