BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Education/Homeschool

Education/Homeschool Homeschooling, adult education, teaching self-reliance, and anything else education-related.

Old 04-04-2016, 05:41 PM

Default How do we re-educating the world?

After experiencing both worlds of self learning, yet being stuck in this chaotic school structure.

Id would like to start at some point with a group of people who is interested in literally reshaping the world of education. This might be to much to ask for since we will encounter opposition, however I am just one individual and the more we ignore this message. The more time we will live in apathy and not caring about our neighbors, the more we care about our own self interests, its the more time we allow this dumbing down to happen. Science is very much diminishing in this world and will come a time when the world wont be as innovative anymore due to our increase number of stupidiness. I am referring to people who cant think at all. I am expressing this the long term effects of individuals, decades from now. I feel like were mostly ignoring each other and that is problematic.

What I want to start is a group specific who targets people interested in science, who learns the true nature of chemistry, mathematics, physics. My focus is teaching any of those subjects, to create those individual very well acquaintance with it so they can pass on those knowledge for future development. This is the only way to fix this chaotic structure.

If even a few of you who are interested in learning, or other subjects involving the true history, we might have a chance of overturning the psychology warfare these so called elites put on us. I am taking a great risk even typing this.
Old 04-04-2016, 07:58 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Sounds like you are referring to STEM ( science, technology , engineering and math). Google STEM and you will find major efforts In the stem area all the way from federal programs to various technical societies to private sector. Before I retired I was on the board. Of our local chapter of SAME- society of American military engineer. One of our major effort was STEM programs in local colleges and high schools. We sponsored local high school "math days" and awarded scolarships to winners that targeted engineering .
Old 04-04-2016, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreeThinker View Post
After experiencing both worlds of self learning, yet being stuck in this chaotic school structure.

Id would like to start at some point with a group of people who is interested in literally reshaping the world of education. This might be to much to ask for since we will encounter opposition, however I am just one individual and the more we ignore this message. The more time we will live in apathy and not caring about our neighbors, the more we care about our own self interests, its the more time we allow this dumbing down to happen. Science is very much diminishing in this world and will come a time when the world wont be as innovative anymore due to our increase number of stupidiness. I am referring to people who cant think at all. I am expressing this the long term effects of individuals, decades from now. I feel like were mostly ignoring each other and that is problematic.

What I want to start is a group specific who targets people interested in science, who learns the true nature of chemistry, mathematics, physics. My focus is teaching any of those subjects, to create those individual very well acquaintance with it so they can pass on those knowledge for future development. This is the only way to fix this chaotic structure.

If even a few of you who are interested in learning, or other subjects involving the true history, we might have a chance of overturning the psychology warfare these so called elites put on us. I am taking a great risk even typing this.
Have you perchance read "Conspiracy of Ignorance"? I believe it was written by Martin Gross. It details ways to restructure American education to better compete in the world market of ideas. We "restructured" education for 5 of our 6 children by homeschooling them through high school. I don't believe that there is any rescue the American system as long as the NEA and the AFT have the money lock on the Democratic party. The Democrats rely on them for most of their funding, so I can't see them allowing quality education to come to the surface. Many of our primo institutions of higher learning, such as MIT and Cal Tech, cannot find enough (read "any") students from American schools who meet their tough standards, so they are full of foreign student--mostly Chinese or Korean.
Old 04-06-2016, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doninalaska View Post
Have you perchance read "Conspiracy of Ignorance"? I believe it was written by Martin Gross. It details ways to restructure American education to better compete in the world market of ideas. We "restructured" education for 5 of our 6 children by homeschooling them through high school. I don't believe that there is any rescue the American system as long as the NEA and the AFT have the money lock on the Democratic party. The Democrats rely on them for most of their funding, so I can't see them allowing quality education to come to the surface. Many of our primo institutions of higher learning, such as MIT and Cal Tech, cannot find enough (read "any") students from American schools who meet their tough standards, so they are full of foreign student--mostly Chinese or Korean.
A case in point: Chicago Public Schools are in grave financial trouble, with a deficit of almost One Billion Dollars (yes, billion with a "B") mostly due to an obscenely generous retirement benefit negotiated by the Teachers' Union and their dependent Democrat lawmakers.

Rather than agree to a pay & benefit cut, The Union has insisted on teacher lay-offs. If they had the students' and the rank & file members' interests at heart, they would have agreed to the cuts. Instead, lower seniority teachers will lose and students will be taught by fewer teachers. Only The Union bosses benefit.

During the Cold War, which included The Space Race & The Arms Race, we BabyBoomer kids were encouraged to study math & science. As those problems faded and The Liberals took over education, we are left with our second and going on third generation of poorly educated people who can't think critically, but follow the propaganda of The Party without question.

Big Brutha loves it.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doninalaska View Post

Thanks, I will look into that book. Yes I agree that American Education cant be fix, however we do not have to change our schools. Imagine a world where the masses of people are self educated without our school system, Lets imagine that the average citizens knows Calculus by majority. This will eliminate the need for our schools, the needs for a major, thus innovative can start. That is the big dream.

I know its a big dream but if there is any chance of a freedom for our nation, this is the last bit of chance we have. Remember this is a psychological warfare more than anything els.

To response to the other. I am already part of STEM. However stem is limited, you cannot gain financial support unless you conform to the schools plug and chug blind following method that were forced to. Maybe I can talk more about that as well.
Old 04-07-2016, 01:15 PM

I think the opportunities are still there. it starts with parents not either political party/philosophy or any particular school system.

putting the blame on someone else is a cope out<
Old 04-08-2016, 02:29 PM

If your talking about financial opportunities, there still there. Stem does help a bit in a sense that they take field trips to schools, there is a few conference talks, and a bit of financial aid opportunity.

However I mean limited that even though its a fantastic program, you still need that degree and thus where the problem lies and the fact that noone talks about it and unaware of the how it effects our nations economy.

I am not blaming anyone, I am nearly stating the reality. The truth is I do not regret the descriptions to sacrifice a bit of school for learning, I had to, however I wont get paid for self teaching myself since at the end of the day, we have to go to school.
Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 PM

Default let them go to hell

". . . might be to much to ask for since we will encounter opposition, however I am just one individual and the more we ignore this message. The more time we will live in apathy and not caring about our neighbors, the more we care about our own self interests . . . "

when people cared about their own self interests they educated their children in many different useful things, and people took personal responsibility for themselves & their own.

now people spend their time telling everyone else what to do, and they have created a government to control everyone, and nothing gets done.

the opposition that is encountered is from our neighbors. They will be the first to call the local government on you, after you come to them with 'help'

one example.
for twenty years I have heard many all around, crying of the cost of food, 'its all we can do to put food on the table!!! Whats the government gonna do for us ???pass a law so we can buy what we need !!!"

then see them at the store with a cart full of pre processed package junk, some of which cannot be called food, that costs them ten time what real foods would cost,

I offer them a simple list of, flour, potatoes , beans,rice,eggs, bacon ends&pieces, ECT.
so that for breakfast they can stop drinking cola and pooptarts, and insted have, hasbrowns, omlets, pancakes, scrambled eggs, fresh toast, biscuts'n'gravy , rice'n'raisins with milk'n'honey ECT ,
save money, eat good.

and for my advise, I have been attacked with every hateful vicious insult there is, from co workers, church members, and especially family. lied about. arrested many times. Iv done nothing illegal or wrong.

simply for responding to crys of anger over problems , that are not really problems, "what you are doing is wrong, here is a better way"

people hate the truth, and in the coming years, as the current dark age we are in gets darker, they will burn you alive to shut you up.

you cannot help the opposition, you need to get rid of them so you can help yourselves .
Old 04-26-2016, 05:15 PM
Master Pontificator

I have to agree with Seth, those that want to help themselves will find a way. Those that just want things fixed, will usually look to someone else to fix the problem.

A "friend" of mine has been unemployed for quite a while now. Her home is in foreclosure. They knew this was coming. They have not changed their lifestyle at all. Their daughter still goes roller skating 2x each week ($10 a night), they still go out to eat at least 5-7 times per week. Daughter still went to the prom. Tickets were $75 and she got a new dress and shoes too. Her hubby hasn't had a real job in the entire 14 years we have known them. He used to DJ on weekends and tries to sell CD's on Ebay. When they found out our son wasn't going to prom because of the cost (he is a junior, as is their daughter, and will be able to go next year) they said we weren't being fair! They asked my advice about what to do, but didn't like my suggestions, so they ignored them. Now they are in a mess of their own making.

They knew this was coming, but they didn't change their spending habits and hubby didn't even look for a job. But they are mad at the mortgage company because they aren't willing to let them skip a few payments and add them to the end of the loan. It's the mortgage companies fault that they are going to lose their home. It is always someone else's fault and they want someone else to step in and fix it.

Unfortunately, that is the way people in this country look at everything. We have had too many generations looking to the government to "fix" things and give them what they are "entitled" to. They actually believe, or choose to believe, that the government is there for our benefit. So if the powers that be say the kids don't need to learn xy or z, they will go along with it.

It's a sad state of affairs, to be sure. I'm not sure that it is fixable anymore.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:40 AM

its going to be fixed. Fixed good.

if you have about 10 minutes listen to this man,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjosLMpc72A
Old 04-27-2016, 01:12 PM

Quote:
If your talking about financial opportunities, there still there. Stem does help a bit in a sense that they take field trips to schools, there is a few conference talks, and a bit of financial aid opportunity.

However I mean limited that even though its a fantastic program, you still need that degree and thus where the problem lies and the fact that noone talks about it and unaware of the how it effects our nations economy.

I am not blaming anyone, I am nearly stating the reality. The truth is I do not regret the descriptions to sacrifice a bit of school for learning, I had to, however I wont get paid for self teaching myself since at the end of the day, we have to go to school.
T

Back to the subject.

I guess I am just not following your line of thought. There are millions and millions in scholarships available for STEM . They are not being fully used - sadly.
Certainly much more than "a bit" .
Old 04-28-2016, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissouriFree View Post
T

Back to the subject.

I guess I am just not following your line of thought. There are millions and millions in scholarships available for STEM . They are not being fully used - sadly.
Certainly much more than "a bit" .
You might be right and I hope your right. However if your talking about scholarships, I do not meet most of the criteria due to my low gpa. I only looked at the stems offered onces, I am gonna search beyond that and see if I can find a scholarship that values learning.

Sorry if I have not been clear, my thoughts are all over the place and I am currently living in an interesting background about to make a strong choice that will effect my future.
Old 04-28-2016, 06:49 PM

Quote:
You might be right and I hope your right. However if your talking about scholarships, I do not meet most of the criteria due to my low gpa. I only looked at the stems offered onces, I am gonna search beyond that and see if I can find a scholarship that values learning.

Sorry if I have not been clear, my thoughts are all over the place and I am currently living in an interesting background about to make a strong choice that will effect my future.
You should just googling STEM scholarships,

Ref your gpa. I certainly don't know your status but if that is a HS gpa go to community college. Take care of the required general study classes. Great chance to buildup your gpa with sone hard work and also time to. Start a foundation is math . Anyone that doesn't go to community college for the first two years and instead tries to go to four year school is wasting money big time. I guarentee you no one cares where your first two years were done.
Old 04-29-2016, 11:26 PM

all wisdom & understanding come from God.

some people are not special to God.

God's word tells us that there are some people that hated the truth, but loved what was wrong, and for this reason God sent upon them a diluting influence to prevent them from ever knowing the truth, to accept what is right.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5DgSwiyDEs
Old 04-30-2016, 01:00 AM

Quote:

Ref your gpa. I certainly don't know your status but if that is a HS gpa go to community college. Take care of the required general study classes. Great chance to buildup your gpa with sone hard work and also time to. Start a foundation is math . Anyone that doesn't go to community college for the first two years and instead tries to go to four year school is wasting money big time. I guarentee you no one cares where your first two years were done.
OnCE again back to the thread. Freethinker. Let me know what you think.

Mo
Old 04-30-2016, 09:21 PM

https://westernrifleshooters.files.w...ctrination.jpg
Old 05-05-2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:

I suggest get to know me in real life, know who I am and where I come from, then you will see how disastrous our school really is. This topic is not about me however, its about educating the world.

What I want for the world is not a workforce training, not a blind following step procedures, not some bs rushing high standards. Like Bill Cooper said in his broadcast, this is a psychological warfare, the attack on the mind mobility. Students loosing the ability to think and blind follow. This is what creates stupidity and it needs to stop. This is what stops innovation of science.

What I mean by education, I mean by true learning, learning on your own through youtube videos, Currently I am learning chemistry for the first time through my own, learn ancient language and study history through the writings and documents, newspaper, true sources. Does our current school do this or even promote this? No, not only it does not promote learning and thinking, it diminishes it, and forces you through a program that you have to follow otherwise you get no benefits. I seriously hope you guys understand this.

We live in a world of idiocracy becoming more true.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:17 PM

If you listened to William Cooper then you know that he said people were a bunch of vicious stupid animals and that they're getting exactly what they deserve, and that they will continue to get what they deserve and what they are bringing upon themselves.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=conZgVhcZNc
Old 05-06-2016, 01:24 PM

FreeThinker, I don't even know where to start. I was a teacher in the public school system for 39 years and I had the most important job in the world. I taught children how to read.

Sound to me like something has you jaded. A poor school experience yourself, perhaps?

My four children went through the public school system and are all independent, successful, life-long learners. Do I attribute this all to the public school system? Of course not. My husband and I were involved in every step of their education. We monitored what they were taught and enhanced, filled in the gaps, and sometimes corrected when needed, but the public school system (college included) was a great experience for all of them. .

I hate it when people bash the public school system. Are there problems, sure, but name one profession where there are not. It all boils down to personal responsibility which as others have pointed out is sorely lacking today.

Two old sayings: "It is what you make of it." "You get out of it what you put into it."
Old 05-06-2016, 03:34 PM

I mistakenly thought this was serious discussion, but then found out Bill Coopet was involved. A man who made a decent living preying on people weak minds. A man who said:

Quote:
President Eisenhower met with our first alien ambassador, His Omnipotent Highness Krlll, on Feburary 20th, 1954. Krlll helped establish diplomatic relations with an alien race that became known as the “Etherians”.
http://theghostdiaries.com/10-jaw-dr...-a-pale-horse/

There is a special board for this guy with the rest of the flying zebras - thr conspiracy. Board in the basement.