BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Books/Poetry/Member Fiction

Books/Poetry/Member Fiction Discuss books or poems you've read or post poems or fiction you've written.

Old 07-19-2016, 11:18 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Default True Story Top Secret Gear Adrift

Top Secret gear adrift, I was a BUC assigned to US Embassy Nairobi, Kenya. 1995 I was assigned to the Security Engineer Office responsible for physical security maintenance for 26 US Embassies in the Sub Sahara region. Marine Security Guards (MSG) are at many of these post. My family and I had a special bond with those at Nairobi. We always invited them to our house for all holidays and on weekends for a home cooked meal. Yes Sandy ensured they got Easter baskets and Christmas stockings from us as well. One of the few places the rule was no collar shirts were allowed. And drink all the homebrew beer the Chief made that you want. 20 years later still friends with many of these Marines. Now on to the story. The Marines were responsible to check the embassy at the end of the day(usually after 2100) for any classified material that might have been left out. If they found any they had to write a deficiency ticket, secure the material and turn it into the Resident Security Office (RSO) the next day. I decided to mess with them, I made up a binder with a top secret label on the cover. Inside the cover I put a magnetic alarm switch. I wired that switch to this super load siren and had it wired to a small battery (about the size of the motorcycle battery) that is used to power our alarms in the event of a power failure. I placed this in their Marine Corp battalion office. This office was the HQ for all the Marines in the region. So a TS binder in their HQ office would be the optimum dream hit for them. That night the Corporal did his rounds. He came to that office and he said he saw that binder and his eyes lite up. He thought this is going to be great, he proceeded to open the binder and was hit with this super loud siren going off and said he damn nearly pissed himself and dove into the other office as he had no idea what it was. He finally got up closed the binder when he realized nothing bad would happen but the juice was little too much fried the switch and it would not go off. He beat the crap out of it with his PR24 and finally must have hit a wire he said because it finally stopped wailing. He got his heart under control and sat down and figured well BUC said he would get me before I transferred and he did get me.

His words to me a few days ago when I reminding him of this he said That night still lives vividly in my mind...it was probably one of the best pranks ever!!!! you and Sandy and the kids will always be family to me

Last edited by Bones; 07-19-2016 at 11:33 PM.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 AM

Soooo .. how did he get you back?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:04 PM

He hasn't to this day, he did get to watch me explode the tear gas canister above my head in from the Embassy. But that is a story for another day.
Old 07-29-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
He hasn't to this day, he did get to watch me explode the tear gas canister above my head in from the Embassy. But that is a story for another day.
... another day .. perhaps this day? enjoyed reading your stories, looking forward to hearing about this one ...