BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Member Websites > For Sale / Trade / Wanted

For Sale / Trade / Wanted Personal items you want to sell or trade or items you are looking to buy. Business offerings belong in the Businesses Board, not here!
No firearms, ammunition, other weapons, or anything that requires a license to buy or sell.

Old 08-04-2016, 11:36 PM
Grand Master Pontificator
Super Moderator

Lightbulb Low Power Audio Options

I've been messing around with energy efficient portable stereo equipment for several years now and I believe I'm ready to design just about anything for anyone that may have a desire for quality sound entertainment in an extreme living environment. Much more involved than simply connecting a car stereo to a battery..

I've been totally off the power grid for over 20 yrs. and plenty of time to experiment. I've engineered many small, low powered portable gizmos that are quite pleasing to have, especially in a totally off grid scenario. If you have a computer with a USB port, you can recharge the battery that most of these items operate from.. (Other options are available)

Direct feed from an audio source (Headphone jack) or via Bluetooth, no problem. Most of my Bluetooth gizmos operate at 5 V.D.C. but I can design higher powered devices that operate at 12 V.D.C. The 5 volt units average ~3 watts/channel and the 12 volt units can vary but mostly ~15 watts/channel. Options for tone control is possible. Most of the Bluetooth items can be adjusted (Vol./EQ) via the source. (MP3 Player, Smart Phones, Ect..)

I've designed a small power amp with 2 options that operates from a 5 volt bank battery or directly from a USB port of a computer. One option is Bluetooth connectivity and another is direct from a headphone jack. (3.5mm standard_Speaker wiring connections mounted on the sides of the amp enclosure) Both units provide ~3 watts per channel and very efficient. Low distortion and full fidelity. If you have a set of unused book shelf speakers setting around, connect one of these little jewels to them and be pleasantly surprised..

I also build complete units with speakers/amp in enclosures. Many options to choose from. Tell me your situation and I can design from there with input from you! If you live in an extreme living situation and desire a great sounding audio system for your television or perhaps a system for your living room, talk to me.. Check the links below.. Pics!

https://imageshack.com/a/RVsM/1

https://imageshack.com/a/PQuM/1

https://imageshack.com/a/7J94/1

https://imageshack.com/a/fv24/1 *(This amp has been updated but the enclosure is the same)

*Robert Frost*
Old 08-05-2016, 09:23 AM
Master Pontificator

12vman Nice work. You thought these through. I especially liked the one in the ammo can. I am beginning to find out these little ammo cans are very useful for many things, now I will add one more.
Old 08-05-2016, 11:14 AM

Nice...... Junction box for amp. Sometimes the most expensive part for an electronics build is the container to put it in.

A like the Lepai . I bought the one with the built in MP3 player. A tiny usb drive or SD card holds the music. https://www.amazon.com/Fentac-LP-A68...s=Lepai-LP-A68
Old 08-05-2016, 07:51 PM
Super Moderator

I try to keep the costs as low as possible and be creative. I enjoy using common things and put them to a different use..

This is my hobby until I master it. I've gained a lot of knowledge over the last 3 or so years and I really enjoy it! My goal is to make the best with flea sized wattage..

I'm playing with one of these right now. Low wattage output and many features. Great price and the little bugger does very well..

https://www.walmart.com/ip/XO-Vision...tooth/46488438

I tied the front outputs to a set of 6x9's in enclosures and the rear outputs to a DVC 8" sub woofer in an enclosure through a low pass crossover network. It worked out very well. Adjust the front/rear fader for the amount of bass you desire. It's in the prototype stage right now but when I get the bugs worked out, I'll get some pics up..
*Robert Frost*
Old 08-08-2016, 05:38 AM

Very nice! I am putting up with using a self-amplified sound bar, using a cheap inverter, and running either my comp or phone with it.

Looking to upgrade, but in the mean time, picked up a pair of ear muffs with bluetube capability - those are pretty nice (but hot and sweaty in the summer)
Old 08-08-2016, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kachad View Post
Very nice! I am putting up with using a self-amplified sound bar, using a cheap inverter, and running either my comp or phone with it.

Looking to upgrade, but in the mean time, picked up a pair of ear muffs with bluetube capability - those are pretty nice (but hot and sweaty in the summer)
Tell me about your home power. Is it low voltage D.C.? (12, 24, ??.. Volt..) Perhaps we can get rid of that inverter..

The sound bar.. Does the A.C. cord go directly to the unit or does it use a wall wart between the wall outlet and the unit?
*Robert Frost*