BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Prayer Requests

Prayer Requests This board is ONLY for prayer requests from folks of all faiths.

Old 08-20-2016, 10:43 PM

Default Pray for our daughter and grandsons please.

Our son-in-law, Robert received a summons for jury duty yesterday. Our daughter, Chrissie was in tears when she called to tell us about it. You see, Robert has been dead for 4 years. At this time, Chrissie is a 41 year old widow and mother of three teenaged boys, ranging from 16 to 19 years old.

As I said, Robert died 4 years ago. He died of a sudden, unexplained heart attack, right in front of his two youngest sons, Matt and Aaron. The oldest son, Jake was spending the weekend in Salt Lake with his friend and his friendís parents. If all that wasnít horror filled enough, when Robert died, Chrissie was in the air, on her way back home (Pocatello, Idaho) from a job training session in Florida.

I donít really want to get into the whole story. Iíll just say this Ė even with Christ leading the way, it has taken 4 years of professional counseling, as well as tender, loving care from our fellow church members to keep Chrissie and her boys from falling into the depths of depression. Those two boys, Matt and Aaron tried to do CPR on their dad, they called 911, they did everything right. But he died anyway. Something like that would be hard for an adult to take, but for a couple of 12 and 13 year old boys, it was devastating.

Anyway, when I first heard about Robertís jury summons yesterday, I was madder than mad at the County Elections Office. The County Elections Office (where my wife used to work) issues the jury summonses here. But even though Iím quick to anger, Iím pretty quick to cool down too. Today Iím just sad, and asking for prayers for Chrissie, because sheíll once again be needing strength as she explains to the County Elections Office why Robert canít report in.

I thought about telling Chrissie to just ignore the summons, but what good would that do? Chrissie and her boys do NOT need any more police officers showing up at their house, which is sure to happen if Chrissie just ignores the summons. They donít need any more anger filled, ill-advice from grandpa either Ė they need prayer.

Thank you, Jim
Old 08-21-2016, 05:24 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

Horrible way to be reminded of something Her and Her Sons struggle with every day. I can't imagine.

Prayers and Thoughts to You and Your Family.
Old 08-22-2016, 12:05 AM

Praying for you and your whole family, MtnManJim.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:15 AM

What an outrage. I wonder how many families who had lost loved ones get such notifications.

My thoughts go with your daughter and her family.
Old 08-22-2016, 11:44 PM

Thanks folks.

It's over now. Chrissie and I went in and talked to the lady in charge of the County Elections Office. She was horrified! And profoundly apologetic!

The County Elections Office here receives death notices so the person's name can be removed from the voter registration rolls. Those rolls are the same ones they use for randomly selecting names for jury duty. Someone made a mistake - Robert was still a registered voter.

Anyway, Chrissie is okay, I'm no longer angry, and Chrissie's boys never even knew about the summons.

Again, many thanks.