BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > After Sunset > Books/Poetry/Member Fiction

Books/Poetry/Member Fiction Discuss books or poems you've read or post poems or fiction you've written.

Old 03-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Default Lost Coast Rocket and Hatching the Phoenix Egg.

I have been absent for a while and here is why. It has been a number of years since I published to my real life homesteading book (Impossible Beyond This Point) 50 years off grid this June. Last year I hard at work publishing two novels, Lost Coast Rocket and the sequel, Hatching the Phoenix Egg.
So far the reviews on Amazon have both books over 4 stars average. 4.6 and 4.7 respectively.
If this looks like your genre and you do honest book reviews I would be willing the email you digital copies.

The blurb of Lost Coast Rocket.
Quote:
<H2>Plausible Science Fiction, Adventure, Mystery, Love, Danger...
Quote:

Rockets are in Ken's DNA. At an early age, he develops a friendship with Akira, a boy who shares his passion for astronautics. While both are child prodigies, Akira does well in private school but Ken rebels against structured education. The unlikely duo draws together a small group of rocketeers, meeting in the shop behind Ken's house.
A tragic event at eight years of age haunts Ken through his growing-up years and shapes his destiny. As fate would have it, the girl at the center of the traumatic experience joins Ken's rocket club, unaware of their shared history. Will Ken tell Dawn that he is the boy she seeks?
As the group reaches their teen years, their rocket designs start pushing legal boundaries, culminating in an event that puts them in the crosshairs of an FBI investigator. To protect his friends and seek refuge from his past, Ken devises an escape plan that confounds the authorities and the world.
</H2> https://www.amazon.com/Lost-Coast-Ro...sap_bc?ie=UTF8

And the blurb for the sequel Hatching the Phoenix Egg.
Quote:
<H2>Would You Travel a Half-Billion Miles to Escape Your Past?
Quote:

That's exactly what Ken O'Brien does in this sequel to Lost Coast Rocket.

Driven by a broken heart and a mysterious compulsion he can't understand, Ken launches himself into space. During this one-way trip, he has just ten years to answer as many cosmic questions as he can before his body succumbs to the hostile space environment.
But he's given an unexpected gift and his life is extended. How he spends this gift, however, makes him the most hated man in history. Will the world absolve Ken of his extreme sin? More importantly, will the green-eyed girl who broke his heart forgive him for what he was driven to do?
</H2>

https://www.amazon.com/Hatching-Phoe...8575220&sr=1-3