BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Homesteading

Homesteading Talk or ask questions about homesteading in general, your homestead, or any other related topic.

Old 07-04-2016, 11:29 PM

Default Coupons - refunding andother savings ideas

Years ago , maybe 40 or so My Mom was BIG into Refunding and cutting coupons and such. Is there much today going on like it was? She used to give both my wife and I a Check each year for Christmas(substantial some years ) cash refunds. Now my wife and mother gone and I trying to stretch MY funds some . Suggestion to ideas and links to savings stuff ideas would be a help.....Time at times on my HANDS, NOT MUCH ELSE ..L.O.L.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:56 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

The bride is heavy into coupons. She saves $20 - $40 a week with them. When our son & his best buddy were big, tough star linebackers in HS, she even had them indoctrinated to the benefits of coupons and they were always checking the Sunday papers for coupons for Burger King, etc.

The Big Box hardware/lumber and auto supply stores are always running rebate offers. Most people don't take advantage of them because "it's so much trouble" to mail in the rebate voucher. But, heck- 5 bucks is 5 bucks. It soon adds up.
Old 11-28-2017, 09:01 PM

Talking firearms

Now that the big scary Hitlery is out of the running I am receiving discounts,offers and cash back refunds for all kinds of firearms and sporting goodies.

So before you run out to pick up that new evil black carbine look around for the rebates.
Old 11-29-2017, 12:39 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

YES...... DOUBLE YES.... We use coupons all the time. The secret we have found is to only do this on things we use on a regular basis. So with that said, we go through a lot of coupons we don't use.. For instance we don't need $2.00 off on diapers. You get the idea. We also scan the weekly newspaper add specials. When we find a deal, we swoop.
==
We also take full advantage of "senior discount day" with anything useful we use on a regular basis. I figure I worked hard a long time for those discounts.

Thrift stores, grocery stores, bread thrift store, you name it each have a dedicated senior day.

Hardware/far store has senior day last Thursday of each month.

Fish guy from the coast comes to town 3-4 times a year. When he does we swoop.. He sends an e-mail of his nest trip and recognizes us by name now.
===
Of course we have the cold room and freezer space to make this work the best for us.
Every ones tastes, needs and situation will be different.