BHM's Homesteading & Self-Reliance Forum

Posting requires Registration and the use of Cookies-enabled browser

Go Back   BHM Forum > Homesteading > Health

Health Any kind of health issue, alternative medicines, herbal and folk remedies, etc.

Old 10-19-2017, 01:01 PM

Default knee cartilage problem

The Dr. said that I have torn knee cartilage. I do not want surgery, but especially at night the pain/discomfort keeps me awake. I have tried using a pillow, soap between the sheets and ice packs before bed. Nothing. I really don't want to keep taking Tylenol or ibuprofen. I think that it is a nerve pain, but don't know what else to try. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 10-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Grand Master Pontificator

My bad knee history is a long series over many years of car, motorcycle, plane, bicycle, horse, and what ever else I ever touched wrecks.

Here we have a cream available called A535. It is a heating cream that when rubbed in lasts about half an hour after it comes to peak strength....

I don't know if it is an equal to Ben Gay or what other product. It gives enough relief to let the Tylenol kick in and gives enough relief to get to sleep.

In the morning it still takes about half an hour all the kinks out and going. It has been a while, but have been told there wasn't anything to be done about it at that time.
Old 10-20-2017, 05:08 PM
Grand Master Pontificator

Have a friend who takes gelatin capsules daily, and swears that relieves his knee pain.

As for myself, every joint in my body hurts after 40 + years of working stone, and I also suffer from nuropathy (nerve) pain in my legs at night. Couple of tramadol usually let me sleep most nights.

JVC