- Backwoods computers — Vehicles to independence
- A third world answer to a backwoods power problem
- What is the future of solar electricity?
- From the foundation up — House building is forgiving
- North Dakota self-reliance is Ted Neumiller’s heritage
- Making an independent living by caring for children
- Herbs — an alternative way to health care
- Framing house walls is a cinch
- Examining the oat bran studies
- A first time horse buyer’s guide
- Find wanter, wire or cable by dowsing with wire coat hangers
- Kids like the backwoods too!
- Just for Kids — Making a can telephone, Growing sprouts
- Letters to the editor
- As the “Green Revolution” loses credibility, organic gardening makes a comeback
- A Greenhouse offers advantages for the organic gardener
- Well water update
- Backwoods Home recipes
- Canning meat
- Is it safe to eat the Fish/Shellfish pulled from out coastal waters?
- Praise fora once perfect food
- Ticks and Lyme diseasee — A crippling combination that is difficult to detect
- House insulation pays and pays and pays and…
- “Zugwang” — a short story