Everything you need to know to raise one, two, or even a herd of beef cattle is in this book the most comprehensive beef cattle guide available.
This definitive handbook will help both beginners and experienced owners capitalize on one of the world's most natural and efficient backyard livestock industries.
Whether you simply want to make use of land that is too steep, too rocky, or too dry for growing crops, or you want to run a full-scale, modern beef production operation, this book will provide you with the information you need, including how to:
- Prepare comfortable, low-maintenance facilities
- Breed and calve cattle for specific genetic attributes
- Remedy cattle illnesses and maintain excellent herd health
- Understand cattle behavior
- Handle herds humanely and effectively
- Market your cattle business