With minimal space and housing needs, dairy goats are a practical choice for the small or backyard dairy farmer. Dairy goats require a smaller investment than Cows and produce easily digested milk that is much in demand for making yogurt, cheese, and other dairy products.
The revised and updated fourth edition includes:
- Updated information on disease diagnosis and treatment
- Tips on choosing pygmy breeds
- Expanded coverage of breeding, kidding, and raising kids
- More information on milking, dairying, and cheesemaking
- Expanded resource section
"This book will give answers and help novice goat owners get started. It can also be used by established goat owners wanting a reference in an easy-to-read format." — John D. Howland, American Goat Society, Inc.