The most comprehensive guide to raising turkeys.
Not only are turkeys an excellent source of succulent meat, rich eggs, and nutrient-dense manure, but they are curious, social, and friendly as well — a perfect and profitable choice for many farmers. Don Schrider brings his hands-on experience to this one-stop reference for humanely raising healthy turkeys.
Storey's Guide to Raising Turkeys is an invaluable resource for everyone who raises turkeys. This all-new edition of the best-selling classic covers:
- A wide range of breeds
- Selecting the right turkey
- Breeding and management, including humane raising practices
- Feeding, including pastured feeding methods
- Flock health
- Organic certification standard
- On-farm processing guidelines