For anyone who hunts, farms or buys large quantities of meat, Basic Butchering of Livestock & Game is filled with information on all aspects of the nearly-lost skill of butchering.
Easy enough for amateurs to use, but detailed enough for experienced livestock producers, the author takes the mystery out of slaughtering and butchering everything from beef and veal to venison, pork and lamb.
The text is easy-to-follow and there are 130 detailed illustrations to assist in the complete step-by-step instructions. Here is everything you need to know:
- At what age to butcher an animal
- How to kill, skin, slaughter, and butcher
- How to dress out game in a field
- Salting, smoking, and preserving
- Tools, equipment, the setup
Included are 30 recipes.