Revised and updated, The Classic Zucchini Cookbook is like a new book — weighted to the way we eat today, and with a completely reworked format and design.
Existing recipes have been revamped and ninety new recipes have been added, along with all-new illustrations. Hundreds of boxes on zucchini and squash varieties; grower profiles; advice on how to select, store, clean, and preserve; fun zucchini lore and facts; and even information on zucchini festivals has been included.
What hasn’t changed is the core of inspiring, practical, and creative ways to use zucchini — and summer squash, crookneck squash, patty pan squash, and winter squash – in a variety of dishes. The result is a zucchini extravaganza of 225 easy-to-make, through-the-menu recipes.
Full of sweet succulence, toothsome crunch, healthful fiber, and delicate flavors, zucchini offers the home cook a wide range of possibilities, including:
- Finger foods: Spicy Pepitas and Curried Toasted Pumpkin Seeds.
- Salads: Mexican Zucchini Shrimp Salad and Avocado Salad in Zucchini Boats.
- Entrées: Baked Penne with Summer Squash and Mushrooms and Chicken Pot Pie with Butternut Squash.
- Breads: Classic Zucchini Bread and Apple-Carrot-Zucchini Muffins.
- Desserts: Pumpkin Chiffon Pie and Deep, Dark Zucchini Chocolate Cake.
So squash your misconceptions. No one at the table will ever complain, “What? Zucchini again?”