One of the most satisfying things about having your own pantry chock full of all manner of tasty foods is putting them together in a symphony of mouth-watering, wholesome meals ... And that's what this book is all about. —Jackie Clay
If you've read Jackie's articles or her Ask Jackie column in the magazine, or spent any time on her blog, you know Jackie grows and produces most of her own food. In her first book, Growing and Canning Your Own Food, she showed how she cans, dehydrates, and freezes all kinds of foods (as well as shops sales at her local store) to stock her pantries in her home in Minnesota.
Her latest book, Jackie Clay's Pantry Cookbook, will help you learn where and how to set up a pantry, even if you don't have the space, as well as what to stock in your pantry and the shelf-life of some of these items. She includes many of her own recipes to help you create thrifty, tasty meals straight from your pantry.
In this new volume, you'll find:
• Recipes using home-canned meats as well as fresh or frozen
• Recipes using canned vegetables as well as fresh or frozen
• Recipes using your stored dried goods (pasta, rice, other grains)
• Recipes using rehydrated eggs, cheese, and other dairy products
• Desserts using home canned jams, jellies, and fruits
You'll also enjoy bonus chapters on basic pantry mixes and miscellaneous handy recipes for dressings and sauces
||Add Growing and Canning Your Own Food to your order for only $8.00!
|Packaging, handling & postage charge applies to all shipments.|