Less than 48 hours after the atrocity at the church in Texas, we’ve seen a lot of “breaking news is broken news,” but some facts appear to have solidified.
- There is as yet no indication that anyone inside the church was armed and able to shoot back.
- There seem to be solid indications that the murderer picked his target because the family of his estranged wife worshipped there, and his grandmother-in-law was one of the victims. Please discuss with those in charge at your house of worship, creating a culture in which people being threatened by a psycho (as this family apparently was) share that information with church staff. It comes under the heading of “warnings unheeded.”
- While the prohibitionists predictably scream for a ban on AR15 rifles because the murderer used one, they seem to be studiously ignoring the fact that the man who engaged the killer and stopped the murder toll ALSO USED AN AR15.
- While the prohibitionists demand background checks for private sales, we note that the killer bought his guns over the counter, AND PASSED THE BACKGROUND CHECKS. The USAF had apparently failed to feed into the criminal justice machine the fact that this man’s violent crimes in the past totally disqualified him from legally purchasing a firearm.
- We now learn that this walking piece of feces had spent a year in a military jail for fracturing a baby’s skull. He had terrorized his former wife with guns. He should have been doing YEARS for Felony Aggravated Assault. He obviously should not have been plea-bargained down to a Bad Conduct Discharge, instead of a Dishonorable Discharge which in and of itself would have prevented him from passing a background check.
- The prohibitionists are trying desperately to marginalize the accomplishment of the armed citizen who shot the murderer and made him drop his rifle, and who in the company of an equally courageous and probably UN-armed citizen driver, hounded the escaping killer to his final doom. Some of the prohibitionists were claiming that the murders were over anyway, so the armed citizen’s engagement didn’t matter. The murdering piece of crap still had more guns and ammo on his person and in his SUV, and there is no reason to believe his rampage would not have continued without the heroic engagement of the killer by Stephen Willeford, 55, who apparently shot him with an AR15 and kept him covered until police arrived at the end of the chase, aided by Johnnie Langedorff, 27, at the wheel of the pursuing truck. The killer reportedly called his father on cell phone to tell him he was shot and thought he was going to die, during that pursuit…after that, tell me again that Citizen Willeford didn’t neutralize him!
- The opinionated TV providers who now pass as news channels seem totally unaware of their own hypocrisy and hopefully unintentional complicity in mass murders. They give the pathetic punk who perpetrated this massacre 24/7 news. When disaffected losers like this perpetrator see the same happen to, oh, the Las Vegas mass murderer barely a month before, they see the operative part of “infamous” as “famous.” It’s an invitation to them to get national and worldwide attention via the slaughter of the helpless innocent. Yet the media continues to give them far more than Andy Warhol’s famous description, “fifteen minutes of fame.”
- Texas Attorney General Paxton has stated publicly since the atrocity, according to thetruthaboutguns.com, “’Texans can help prevent mass shootings by carrying concealed guns, Attorney General Ken Paxton said Sunday, hours after 26 people were killed in a church in Sutherland Springs,’ mercurynews.com reports. ‘This is going to happen again. All I can say is in Texas at least we have the opportunity to have conceal carry. And so — there’s always the opportunity that gunman will be taken out before he has the opportunity to kill very many people.’” (http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/11/robert-farago/texas-attorney-general-paxton-guns-less-death-video/).
In my opinion, Attorney General Paxton nailed it. I wish Mr. Willeford had been inside the church with a pistol instead of at his nearby home when the cowardly exemplar of evil walked into the church and brought his wrongfully-possessed gun to bear.
More facts will come to light. I will have more to say about this here. In the meantime, I would like to hear what YOU have to say about it.