This print anthology offers one full year of BHM’s informative articles bound into an easy-to-read book.
Contains articles from 1999 (Issues 55-60).
– 25 reasons to practice self-sufficiency gardening
– Storing water for an emergency
– Cooking from long-term food storage
– Emergency gear for your vehicle
– Roll your own newspaper logs
– Build an old-fashioned smokehouse
– Catch more fish with this simple feeder
– Build an ash-heated mini-greenhouse
– The chances of global disaster
– Raising your own beef for your family
– For summertime baking, build an outdoor horno
– Ambidextrous chainsaw filing
– Growing the eternal tomato
– Cost-saving baby tips
– Start your food storage on $10 a week
– A house for an outdoor dog
– Harvesting and freezing apples
– Cooking from home storage with rice
– Raise tobacco for trade or barter
– Making maple syrup
– A salvaged oak floor for $5
– Practical livestock for the homestead
– Medical kits for self-reliant families
– Okra — not just for the south
– Parge the ugly out of your concrete wall
– Should both drugs and guns be legal?
… and more!