- Just for trivia fun: 12 letters that didn’t make it into the alphabet. (From yet another Friend O’ Blog with the initial J; there seems to be a conspiracy of them this weekend.)
- Rescuers deliver an early Christmas to a homeless man and his dog.
- Pit bull saves his human from an attacker.
- And although this isn’t strictly good news, it was surprising to me that S.W.A.T. put my latest article online and the Infamous — and in my experience, very nice — TJIC found it. Although it’s credited to me on the site, this was actually co-authored with Joel Simon (another J, you will note) and is properly credited in the print version.
- I think we all know intuitively that getting out into nature lifts our mood and enhances creativity. But wow. how amazingly, measurably true that turns out to be. (Tip o’ hat to P. No, not another J, but it’ll probably turn out her middle name is Jeanne or something.)
- I was talking knitting the other day. With a guy. Which I found refreshing. (Another J; it really is a conspiracy). He sent me this picture. Talk about creativity! Maybe not really enviable creativity, you know. But still … creativity.
- Tiny puppy breaks into shelter and finds furry friend. Awwwwwww.
- Celebrity-golden retriever look-alikes.
My Ava would do this:
Border collies are supposed to be geniuses of the dog world. But they can be so OCD about toss-and-fetch that they lose all touch with reality. In fact, I’d say that “out of touch with reality” is Ava’s permanent state. The pooch above must be one of Ava’s close relatives on her BC side.