The world is so full of bad, dangerous, ugly things. Or just demanding things. There’s so much that we’re told we need to care about, that we’re supposed to think about, that we’re supposed to worry about.
But sometimes … you just can’t. Or you’ve reached a state of life where you just don’t. Maybe someone needs to worry about them, but not you.
Herewith I present a random selection of things that I might have worried about once but that just don’t get to me any more.
Feel free to add your own “don’t worry, be happy” in the comment section.
Things I no longer worry about
* Who wins the presidential election
* Who killed John Kennedy (it was gummint + Mafia, but I repeat myself)
* Monsters under the bed (the dust bunnies under there get to me, though)
* NPR being a mouthpiece for Democrats
* Fox News being a mouthpiece for Republicans
* Both — and all the rest — sounding like propaganda outlets for Orwell’s Ministry of Truth. (The fact that few people notice it scares the heck out of me, though.)
* Abortion law
* Whether government approves of any adult’s voluntary sexual relationships. Or not.
* Climate change (Supervolcanos, mega-quakes, and tsunamis still keep me awake at night)
* Whether RPatz will get over KStew
* Whether god hid dinosaur bones to test people’s faith
* Whether Pepsi or Coke tastes better (poison, both of ‘em)
* Whether someone disapproves of me having a Margarita before 5:00 or a bloody Mary after 5:00.
* Fracking; just don’t do it in my neighborhood
* Whether Google will do evil (it does, of course)
* Mark Zuckerberg
* Gold confiscation (let them try)
* Cops going door-to-door confiscating guns (see above)
* Whether my underwear matches
* Whether any government spokesperson is ever telling the truth about anything, at any time, in any place. I mean, really. Don’t be silly. That’s less likely than the dinosaur bones thing.
Okay. Your turn.