- I don’t know Fiona Apple’s music at all. But I expect I’d like her as a person. And I’m not the only one. (Beware: sad dog stories.)
- Much happier animal (and cop) story. (H/T JG)
- Texas high school trying to expel student for refusing to wear a spychip. It’s all about money and control, of course. (Tip o’ hat to H)
- How many more of these stories are we going to see? Anti-gay lawyer arrested for kiddie porn (and more).
- And here’s another completely unsurprising story: Detroit will run out of money by January.
- And another non-surprise! Senate bill touted as improving online privacy gets rewritten to favor warrantless searches.
- Mark/Greylocke has updated his KTD Project page with a couple of new videos (scroll down) showing how the Knoppix Thumb Drive works — even on computers with dead hard drives — to give access to more than 600 survival/preparedness texts. Earlier post on the project here. (I want one of these, and it looks as if I’ll get one; some friendly Santa — thanks, Santa! — ordered me the needed 32GB USB stick.)
Archive for November 23rd, 2012