- Hey, the 2nd Circuit Court of Appeals says it’s okay to flip off a cop. Not necessarily smart, but okay. You can tell the nice officer that between taser zaps. (H/T to JW for the good news.)
- And speaking of police: Rapid DNA: a new tool coming soon to a thug near you. (H/T to J for the bad news.)
- Oh, c’mon. Did somebody in Congress really tell off Freedom Feens? Nawwwww. Really? It’s true Congressional staffers have committed some pro-government vandalizing at Wikipedia, so who knows?
- Well, that’s one way to get your stolen cellphone back.
- A French court has just thrown out Hollande’s tax on the rich. Maybe Gerard Depardieu won’t have to become a Russian after all. Hm. But a 13 percent tax rate …
- I’m late getting to this one, but you should really read MamaLiberty’s “There’s an F.B.I. in My Soup”.
- Late on this one, too. (Sigh; last week was busy.) But a big thank you to Jim Bovard for giving such a big plug to Rats!, the anti-snitch book — despite his writerly horror about giving work away for free. He was waiting for me to get the book on Amazon — something I haven’t done yet.
And now here’s a real cat burglar:
Thanks to H for the laugh. And if — once again — WordPress strips out the video embed code at the moment this blog entry goes live, here’s where you can see what WP stole: http://biggeekdad.com/2011/05/cat-burglar/.
WordPress has apparently for a long time had a “feature” (not a bug) that removes videos when you use their WISIWYG blog editing function. I never use that. Their latest upgrade (sic) has expanded that lovely feature to the editing function I do use — which regularly ruins posts that I schedule for later appearance, like this one, which is going live in the middle of the night.
Thank you SO much, Dear People of WordPress, for deciding that I really don’t need to post cute cat videos after all.
The rest of you, don’t worry. I’ve learned to save the video codes. Once a blog has gone live, WordPress does kindly allow me to put it back in. So you won’t suffer a shortage of adorable kitties and cute puppies for long. (I know that’s why you really come here, after all.)