You know, it takes a lot more brainpower to write long, thoughtful, personal posts than it does to toss out a little news (maybe accompanied by a bit of snark or righteous indignation). So while I continue working on the “Perspective” Blog Tome, news (and one really good laugh) it is for today.
- “Anonymous has left the building.”
- “The logic of surveillance.” (H/T JG)
- This isn’t exactly nooz. It’s from last month. But it makes me proud that the Northwest is a national center of anti-surveillance activism. You go, monkeywrenchers!
- This pertains to yesterday’s “Perspective” blog. Gretchen Rubin of The Happiness Project defines four types of personal energy and notes that contemplation (which includes decision-making and other inner-directed things) requires the highest form.
- “‘Pirate Bay’ for 3D printing launched.” Not sure how this will affect Greylock’s UDT-1A Project. (Care to comment, Mark?) Sure seems like good news for the world, though. Now the big question is: How long before the fedgov finds a way to do a Bradley Manning or an Aaron Swartz on bold innovator Cody Wilson?
Now for the hilarity. This isn’t new, either. But if it doesn’t give you a belly laugh even after repeated viewings, check your pulse because you must be dead.
(Source for those who can’t see the embed. Tip o’ hat to L.)