- The Obamacare future is nigh. (H/T JB)
- PBS (rather belatedly) asks if we’re safer with all that “suspicious activity” reporting. (Tip o’ hat to RLW)
- Is there a vampire on the loose? (Or merely a clever tourism scheme?)
- Did you see anything in the MSM about pennies and nickels being phased out next year? (ADDED: Nevermind. It’s a hoax.)
- Anybody here ever drink a switchel? I’d never heard of it until I ran into the term in the fascinatingly eccentric little book The Alcoholic Republic: An American Tradition (thanks for the recommend, JG). Apparently at one time the switchel was recommended to help wean Americans off their boundless alcohol consumption.
- Since a code-breaking story went over so well last week, here’s another. This one involves Roger Williams, one of the best and most underappreciated (except by Rhode Islanders) early Americans.
- Finally, for your Monday morning work avoidance, here’s a bizarre bit of history involving the CIA, a bag lady, an assassination, and “the James Bond of money.” Weird, weird things “our” government gets up to.
And what the heck, why not throw in a dog?
(Also H/T JB)