- Britain formally outlaws its ID card scheme and prepares to destroy the associated databases. Yay, Britain!
- Getting your friends and family members to take the red pill. The video linked at the end of the article is visually deadly, but makes good listening while playing solitaire. Not too many surprises for awarefolk, and it weasels its way into a sales pitch at the end. But it gives clear info for newbies.
- A friend mentioned this old Hardyville column the other day. I’d forgotten ever writing it. Good for a laugh, I suppose. And it really is mostly true. Happened to a group I worked with.
- Speaking of Hardyville … well, indirectly … my former significant sweetie Charles Curley wrote to tell me that somebody has founded the American Redneck Society. Years ago, Charles and I invented the Institute for Redneck Studies and the Redneck Liberation Front. But on learning that Jeff Foxworthy had already cornered the redneck market, we didn’t pursue our ideas. But for anybody who has ever wondered how the unlikely Dora-the-Yalie ended up in Hardyville … she arrived to pursue her Ph.D. in Redneck Studies (a branch of cultural anthropology). Never got around to writing about that (or some other surprising facts about Dora). But that’s the truth.
- Forget that global warming thing. It’s so 2000s. Retro is new again. Time for the 1970s and predictions of a new ice age.
- Oh, now here’s a brilliant idea. Equip USPS vehicles with surveillance devices.
Archive for December 22nd, 2010